Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Treebeerd

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
Middle Earth Maryland
With Christmas coming, my wife asked me to make a list of pipes that I might like in the $200 or less range.
I came across this Brebbia and I'm looking for truthful feedback.
I am curious how the good folks think this would compare to a Savinelli 320 at the same price point.
I can also consider a Savinelli 320 sandblast Pinto Oro.
Have at it and thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-202336.png
    Screenshot_20211018-202336.png
    234 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I own a couple of Brebbias, and they are nice pipes.

Personally, based on that shape I would probably go for a Savinelli 320.

I just really like 320's...

Reactions: Treebeerd

Treebeerd

Lurker
Nov 27, 2019
Middle Earth Maryland
I own a couple of Brebbias, and they are nice pipes.

Personally, based on that shape I would probably go for a Savinelli 320.

I just really like 320's...
Yeah I like the 320 - I have 2 (the Eleganza - rusticated & am older Toscana). Even though I have the 2 it doesn't mean a Punto Oro can't make is easy to me ?

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Brebbia makes a very nice pipe period, they are way under appreciated. I got a couple, the only thing stopping me from getting another is that IMO, dollar for dollar the Savinelli proves to be a better value.

Tough choice bud, that Brebbia Pipa is a very nice looking rig, But a Punto 320, yeah I know where I'd send my money, but that's mainly because straight pipes aren't my thing.

Mar 1, 2014
Best advice when shopping for Brebbia is look at the Italian retailers.
They are one of my favorite pipe manufacturers, though they also have some of the most narrow drilling in some of their stems.

Especially look out for the "1997" First Calabash pipes, to my knowledge these are the only pipes on the market with curved drilling in the shank, making it the only Briar Calabash that will pass a pipecleaner.

Last edited:

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
to my knowledge these are the only pipes on the market with curved drilling in the shank.
Ser Jacopo has been curve drilling the shanks for many moons. True enough it seems like there isn't many out curved pipes out there. I have drilled curved holes before(not on pipes) and it is not exactly easy to do.
Or is this just in reference to the briar calabash?

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From recommendations I'd say that Brebbia are fine pipes. Unfortunately, at the moment I became aware of them, the whole line that I was shown had odd bulging shanks, and they were nearly all all-black blast with black stems, and at the time, they were quite pricey for pipes without much visual appeal. After encountering them at various shops, pipe shows, and online retailers, I wrote them off. I think this was only the line exported to the U.S., from other Brebbia's I've seen since. But for me, the first impression was so bad, I've lost interest in their history and line of fine pipes, none of which look like the turkeys I was shown.

Mar 1, 2014
Ser Jacopo has been curve drilling the shanks for many moons. True enough it seems like there isn't many out curved pipes out there. I have drilled curved holes before(not on pipes) and it is not exactly easy to do.
Or is this just in reference to the briar calabash?
My mistake, getting an example of a Ser Jacopo Calabash is pretty difficult though, if my statement were refined to "The only Factory Calabash With Curved Drilling" that would probably still be correct.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
My mistake, getting an example of a Ser Jacopo Calabash is pretty difficult though, if my statement were refined to "The only Factory Calabash With Curved Drilling" that would probably still be correct.
Ah that makes more sense, I likely misunderstood your previous post. Yeah not sure if Jacopo ever made a calabash, I thought you were referring to curve drilled in general.

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
I have a Brebbia Ninja Sabbiata-kind of a squashed tomato and it is a real good smoker. Actually I've had couple of them over the years. Consistently good. Just sayin...FWIW.

Mar 1, 2014
Ah that makes more sense, I likely misunderstood your previous post. Yeah not sure if Jacopo ever made a calabash, I thought you were referring to curve drilled in general.
I don't know if it makes much of a difference, how many pipes does Ser Jacopo actually produce with the curved drill every year? I'd be surprised if it's more than a handful.

Reactions: jewman22

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I own this Brebbia Collection pipe and don’t see myself parting with it.
60E8C4F3-40D9-4771-B98A-3F80030215DB.jpeg
It puts all of my Danish Freehand pipes to shame. I say go for it.