PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Is this brand good? Reliable? I've never heard of it.
A picture below:

s-l1600.jpg

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
There are several Suprema models with silver rings, all starting at $60.
Should I place a bet on all of them, even if I only want to take one?
Edit.: It seems that no one wants those pipes because of the "androgynous" look, so he lowered some to $55.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I believe he is the Savinelli pipe carver who perfected the Capri and Corallo pipes, which are my favorite Savinelli pipes.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've had several Armellini pipes over the years, and they have all smoked good. I only have one now and I smoke it from time to time. My main problem with them, is the stems are drilled very small, so they had a somewhat restricted draw and it's hard to get a pipe cleaner through. I had one Verona, made by Armellini for the Tinder Box chain that I had no problems with. All mine were also older pipes from the 1970s and 80s so things may be different (better?) now.
That pipe you posted looks really nice though!

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Well, I've just scored it for $59.99.
I hope it's as beautiful as in the pictures and that it smokes well.
Can't wait for it to arrive.
It was a little above my budget, but I had never seen such a beautiful pipe in my life, so I had no choice but to buy it. If such an insanely beautiful pipe doesn't happen to smoke well, it will be very disappointing.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The old Armellini pipes were carved by Mauro Armellini and had his full name stamped on them. The shop is now run by his daughter Vilma Armellini who does some really beautiful "art" pipes as well as the more traditional shapes. I have one carved by Mauro and it's a very good smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.