Bowl size: maximum ⌀ 0.70″. Recommendations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
I am looking for a pipe with a smaller bowl diameter. Maximum size: 1.8 cm, or 0.7″.

The depth of the bowl is less strict, but say about 1.2″ - 1.7″. Not too small.

If anyone has some recommendations of specific pipes (or pipe series) that qualifies for this preference I would be glad. No need to ask about other preferences, because I will know what I like when I see it. The reason I'm asking is simply because I'm a bit surprised that it is so rare to find a pipe with smaller diameter. And I prefer it for virginia flakes.

Reactions: edger

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Shop pipes online at retailers who accurately and regularly list specifications including the diameter of the chamber of each pipe. French pipes typically have chambers that are a little narrow and not too deep, so look at Chacom, Genod, Ropp, and EWA (look on Iwan Ries site for EWA).

If you want an extra small pipe, Peterson makes a good one, the Belgique, and Rossi has a series of smaller pipes.

French pipes are well made and have artful designs, which are pluses.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I am looking for a pipe with a smaller bowl diameter. Maximum size: 1.8 cm, or 0.7″.

The depth of the bowl is less strict, but say about 1.2″ - 1.7″. Not too small.

If anyone has some recommendations of specific pipes (or pipe series) that qualifies for this preference I would be glad. No need to ask about other preferences, because I will know what I like when I see it. The reason I'm asking is simply because I'm a bit surprised that it is so rare to find a pipe with smaller diameter. And I prefer it for virginia flakes.

Reactions: edger

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
Thanks for the tips. I do not smoke unfiltered pipes, so it makes it harder I guess. And I do check smokingpipes every now and then but have not found anything yet. Getting a corn cub is difficult where I live, the one's they sell here in Sweden is crap. But might get one next time I order a shipement of tobacco from US.

So the search goes on: a filtered pipe, narrow chamber, nice for virginia flakes. :)

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, but I use smokingpipes.eu. Since I live in Europe, and I had difficulties finding anything there. But I have not gone through all the categories of "new pipes". I think it is a bit time consuming how the page is constructed, that you have to go into every brand of pipes to do specific search. I wished the search parameters could be used for all pipes at once. But I will look some more.

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
Shop pipes online at retailers who accurately and regularly list specifications including the diameter of the chamber of each pipe. French pipes typically have chambers that are a little narrow and not too deep, so look at Chacom, Genod, Ropp, and EWA (look on Iwan Ries site for EWA).

If you want an extra small pipe, Peterson makes a good one, the Belgique, and Rossi has a series of smaller pipes.

French pipes are well made and have artful designs, which are pluses.
If I smoked unfiltered pipes I would probably go for this one from Ropp, looks super nice:

New Tobacco Pipes: Ropp Etudiant Sandblasted (J05) || Smokingpipes.eu - https://www.smokingpipes.eu/pipes/new/ropp/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=155863

Reactions: ThermionicScott

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
If filtered pipes are your preference, you will have better luck searching in the EU
Are you looking for new or estate pipes ?

Danish stacks should suit
Pibe Dan (no longer in production) made a lot of stacks

The Danish Pipe Shop may have some Eltangs and Nuttens that will suit your dimensions.
I'm not sure if they come with filters.

Reactions: pipesolitude

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Yeah, but I use smokingpipes.eu. Since I live in Europe, and I had difficulties finding anything there. But I have not gone through all the categories of "new pipes". I think it is a bit time consuming how the page is constructed, that you have to go into every brand of pipes to do specific search. I wished the search parameters could be used for all pipes at once. But I will look some more.
I guess smokingpipes.eu is different than the US one. On the US site you can search all pipes with specific filters.

You can always email the customer support and I'm sure they'll help you out.

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
If filtered pipes are your preference, you will have better luck searching in the EU
Are you looking for new or estate pipes ?

Danish stacks should suit
Pibe Dan (no longer in production) made a lot of stacks

The Danish Pipe Shop may have some Eltangs and Nuttens that will suit your dimensions.
I'm not sure if they come with filters.
New or estate does not matter. Thanks for the tip. Did not find any with filter.

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
Thank you guys for all the tips!
It has been helpful, even if this thread also reinforces my experience that it is not very easy to find the pipe I'm looking for, at least filtered. There are a few out there with right mesures, but then there are other factors, like shape etc. But still a bit surprised that filtered versions of straight billiard or similar, with narrow chamber, is so hard to get by.

But I will keep on looking, I'm sure something will come up eventually.

pipesolitude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2016
Sweden
Just to keep the thread open in case anyone might stumble in here... Feel welcome to post recommendations for filtered pipes (6 or 9 mm) with chamber: Ø 18 and less.

Cheers!