PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Piper's Pleasure is a very nice Aromatic. You'll love it. No Bite Delight is another good Aromatic from them. Here is a pretty good link to reviews if you haven't seen it. Some members here contribute: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/browse

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Anybody know where I can see a copy of the rules

I’d like to review them so I don’t piss off anymore people here on the forums with my improper capitalization and punctuation

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/forum-rules-read-before-posting-please-1
BTW, don't feel like you have to walk on eggshells around here. This is a very relaxed place. The rules just help shape the forum's culture.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
One of my favorite blends, and probably by fav aro. Definitely a desert island one for me. A lot of Boswell's aros are really good, but there's something about PP....

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
A former YT pipe presenter; Anthony (PipeLawyer), smoked that stuff all the time, and raved about how it was a great aromatic. I've never had any, but I've had a couple of Boswell blends that were very good. I've never heard any bad things about Boswell blends.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Walking on eggshells is exactly how i felt after reading that post.

Rather than posting something i would later regret in response to that, i smoked a pipe and waited till this morning to respond. I was under the impression that this community was filled with calm easy going gentleman interested in enjoying some very friendly banter about our wonderful hobby. If i have to watch every letter that i post with such great detail, the experience of being able to kick back and relax while chatting with friends is soured.

I am not one to go against the grain, and i am also a new member here so i realize i have no right to complain.

I will follow the rules to the best of my abilities because up until now, since i have joined , my experience with all other members has been wonderful. " Walking on eggshells" Such a shame...

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Recently finished my first couple ounces of Boswell’s Pipers Pleasure & loved it. Easy to put in your pipe & puff away. Tastes great & the room note is outstanding. Didn’t leave any goop in my pipes. Try it & post your own impressions.

I’ve tried a number of the Boswell aromatics & they’re all terrific. They may be a bit more expensive than other bulk offerings, but they’re worth every penny for me. If you like aromatics, don’t miss Christmas Cookie, No Bite DeLite, & Rum River.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I will keep you posted once i recieve my order.

I've got apple streudel,cupcake,no bite delite,pipers pleasure and rum river on the way

Should be interesting

Thanks for all the feedback gentleman

cheers

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Have several Boswell pipes. Really like their stuff.
The first rule about the rules is that you don't talk about the rules.

Tyler Durden

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Hey guys i've recieved my order finally and tried a couple blends

Pipers pleasure is absolutely fantastic. Boswell really nailed it on that one.

Also tried the rum river and it was ok but didnt blow my mind.

I think next will be no bite delite, looking forward to it keep you posted

Cheers

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
aro22, personally, a few typos and uncapped letters don't tick me off at all but occasionally we get a few guys whose spelling, sentence structure, etc are practically unreadable ghetto-babble. McTinner could have delivered his message a bit softer and actually answered your question regarding aromatics but well....whatever. OTOH, rules are rules. And whoever creates the forum makes the rules.
I can't say I'm a fan of Boswells aromatics including PP. I find them goopy, hot and far from quality leaf. On rare occasion I enjoy Samuel Gawith Firedance or their Chocolate Flake lightened up with some extra SG Full Virginia Flake or Best Brown Flake which tnes down the "aro-ness."
OTOH If you'd asked me this question 12-15 years ago I'd tell you I loved Boswells aro's as I smoked a lot of them.

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
hey kola thanks for the response

I am a big aro smoker and have tried many blends. S&G chocolate flake is good but i prefer bob's chocolate flake.

As far as Boswells is concerned... I am really enjoying there blends so far. They smoke cool and I haven't found them to be goopy at all. Unlike the sutliff stuff (molto dolce). I still have a couple more tins of boswells which I have not tried yet in the cellar, so time will tell, but so far so good. The best part of this hobby is variety. Whats good for me may not be your slice of pie, but thats o.k. Thats what makes this so interesting and fun at the same time.

Enjoy your smoke brother and keep 'em lit

cheers

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Funny how tastes vary - one of the things that appeals to me most about Boswell's is that they are super smooth and cool burning. They might be too smooth for some, though. A couple are almost like vaping.
"ghetto-babble"? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.