PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I've read and heard so many lofty reviews of Countryside and Northwoods that I decided to pick up a few ounces of each to sample. So far I've really enjoyed Northwoods, but haven't been able to wrap my head around Countryside. I really want to enjoy it, but despite everything I've read and heard, to me it seems a bit harsh and has the tendency to bite. I know it's cased with what seems to be an alcohol casing, which may be the culprit. I've had multiple bowls in multiple pipes, all with a similar result. I want to like it - but not sure if I can get past the bite.

Has anyone else tried it and had a similar experience?

I enjoy Countryside. I, too, have noticed that if I am not paying attention it can get a bit harsh but for me, it's because i start hitting it pretty hard. As soon as I slow back down and start sipping, it settles right back down.

Boswell's makes some world class blends. IMHO, Northwoods is by far their finest.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Northwoods is definitely their crown jewel IMO as well, but I have yet to try any of their other english blends (I can’t stop ordering northwoods).

However, their aromatics are also top notch. Raspberry Cream and Piper’s Pleasure in particular.

Reactions: cohibajoe

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I love all of Boswells English blends. Railroad Station is my favorite. For me it’s funny because I find that on different days a different Boswell English blend sings to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.