PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I enjoy most of the Boswell's blends. This is my first bowl of their Chocolate Cream.

This is a cool smoke that delivers chocolate cream flavor as advertised. It is similar to CD Corn Cobb Pipe of which I also enjoy.

I loaded my pipe straight from the tin and think a bit of drying would be good...a few relights.

All in all as a aero fan I enjoyed it. Going to mix it with their vanilla cream or some BCA in the future.

I really enjoy this one and wanted to add that it's chocolate flavored and no hint of licorice or anything to me.

As you would expect, no nic to speak of. Just a good low key aero to me. Wife says it smells sweet but not chocolate like...more like some baked goods cooking in the kitchen. That's probably pretty close for a lot of Boswell's blends.

I smoked this bowl in my Charles Towne Cobbler MM pipe. Will try in a briar later on.

Anybody else like this blend?

Cotton1

Reactions: BROBS and python

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
I will definitely report back tomorrow on what I bring back! As a novice pipe smoker I'm finding myself initially attracted to aromatics but I'm honestly excited about the journey ahead to try all things. Tomorrow will be a good start to diversify!
Anyone have any suggestions on Boswell blends I should try?

Reactions: BROBS and Cotton1

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
I will definitely report back tomorrow on what I bring back! As a novice pipe smoker I'm finding myself initially attracted to aromatics but I'm honestly excited about the journey ahead to try all things. Tomorrow will be a good start to diversify!
I'm not a good one to reply here because I enjoy most everything from Boswell's. Here are a few of my favorites though:
Vanilla cream, Christmas cookie, and Cupcake.
I'm going to guess that in a while I will add Chocolate Cream and Bear Blend to the list. I have heard their English blends are very nice too but have yet to try those.

If you have jars you can buy like 2oz in bulk form and save a few dollars compared to the tins. I don't know about now but I think they have a smoking parlor there.

Hope you have a great time!

Reactions: BROBS

PipesRock

Jan 21, 2020
Florida

Well you're probably there or on your way. Hopefully trying some Northwoods at least to say you did if nothing else, along with whatever catches your fancy. Have a fun outing!

Infantry23

Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
So.... just got home from Boswell's. I was like a kid in a candy store! As a newer pipe smoker I'm trying to expand my tastes a bit so I started off with Northwoods. Very nice! My palate is not refined so I won't offer any flavor notes but I did enjoy it. I also tried Christmas Cookie, which was very pleasant.

O yeah, I bought a new pipe too ?

Attachments

• 20201111_144752.jpg
    20201111_144752.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 13

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
So.... just got home from Boswell's. I was like a kid in a candy store! As a newer pipe smoker I'm trying to expand my tastes a bit so I started off with Northwoods. Very nice! My palate is not refined so I won't offer any flavor notes but I did enjoy it. I also tried Christmas Cookie, which was very pleasant.

O yeah, I bought a new pipe too ?
Awesome man! I hope you enjoy your take from today! Once again.. I'm a bit jealous!

Let me know how you like the pipe, I have been thinking of buying one from them. My hangup is that I normally use cheapo cobbs and just recently purchased a decent (Savenelli) briar.

Happy smokes,

Cotton1

Infantry23

Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
Cotton, I really like the new pipe. It's a beautiful fit and rusticated finish. Very smooth smoker based on exactly 1 bowl of Northwoods! I won't smoke this again until Christmas though as I played the mental game saying "I'll buy it today, smoke it in their lounge, but then wrap it up for my wife to give me as a present." Don't get me wrong, the pipes are great quality and price but I am the kinda guy that usually needs a reason or occasion to spend money on myself.
I am very happy with the purchase, but most of all happy and thankful to have been there with family and a close friend to enjoy a day of pipe smoking together.

Reactions: Cotton1
Status
Not open for further replies.