PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
I've been looking for good cherry blend for a long time. So many bad ones, often chemically or synthetic such as CAO Cherry Bomb or the dreaded cough-syrup of Captain Black Cherry that ghosts the pipe for years. I'm a huge aromatic fan and there's almost no good choices.

Mac Baren's Cherry Ambrosia is probably the best option, or Lane Limited Very Cherry maybe, but finally I found it: BP&T's Cherry Smash is by far the absolute best cherry blend that exists.

Smoke is cool and lights with the initial routine (I've moved to a 4-light/tamp startup vs. the normal 3 these days with better results). Sipping is rewarded and very little pipe gurgle. Non-synthetic as it tastes like literally eating homemade, just-warmed cherry cobbler at a mom & pop diner in middle America at 2pm in the afternoon after the lunch rush is over.

Tastes of graham cracker crumble exist over luscious ripe cherries that remains constant throughout the entire smoke! At the very bottom, a little over-cooked cobbler on the crust taste. Wow. Perfect. I mean, I've tried 30 or 40 cherry blends with disappointment in depth, consistency, accuracy, or chemical overdose like NyQuil and this is the only one that is perfect.

Very very strongly recommended if you want a cherry that's balanced and with satisfying depth and complexity.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I got a sample of the Cherry Smash with my Boswell pipe and it made me sick, sick, sick. I've never had a tobacco make me feel so ill. If I can find the jar, I'd gladly send it to somebody that enjoys it, but I may have already given it away!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I'm very curious to try this blend. My father smoked Cherry Borkum Riff and I have a fond memory of it. I've picked up two versions (I don't recall how many variants were available back in the '70s), but they don't seem consistent with my memory (granted, we're talking smelling this decades ago). I think part of me is looking to trigger that memory of my father smoking his pipe by recreating the room note. Chasing nostalgia is one thing, but I'm also curious to find a nice cherry aromatic to enjoy on its own merits. I have a tin of CAO that I picked up after waiting on line for CIGARfest tickets, but I haven't cracked it open yet; a friend warned me about it after I told him I had gotten a tin, and now reading the OP's equally harsh criticism really has me hesitant to pop the cherry, so to speak. I'm not prepared to go through thirty or forty tins, but I appreciate that mikecronis has an informed opinion, having already done the research. The endorsement by piperbob helps, too. I'll look for the Cherry Smash.