PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Here's a good one: I get a call yesterday morning from my local post office to ask if I would be kind enough to drop by and pick up a small package. It seems that the mail carrier complained that the box was very "stinky" and was smelling up her truck. It was and order of Boswell's Piper's Pleasure! I have to admit that the sealed box smelled a bit rank, sort of musty, but you had to get your nose right up to it in order to notice it. When I opened the box and then opened the plastic bag the tobacco smelled just fine. My guess is that the smell of the cardboard box in very humid weather combined with the aroma of the tobacco made it a bit less than pleasant. I guess I'll be making occasional trips to the post office during the summer months.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
Thats so weird. She should have dropped yours off first to get rid of the "smell" lol. G1

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Pansy ass stupid postal workers. Deliver the package first if it bothers you so much moron.
It was paid to be delivered so deliver the dang package.
Lazy workers. Just be glad you have a job!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I must rise in defense of our beloved Postmen.
I ordered 3 tins of Grousemoor from PipesandCigars.com last Thursday evening. Our beloved sponsor posted my package on Friday. I received it yesterday "Saturday". I had my tobacco in less than 48 hours. :clap: Great service!
:worship: My Postman, a very nice lady :D doesn't put my packages in the mail box. Nope. She pulls into my driveway and places them at my door in the driveway. (Believe me; my driveway is a royal pain in the a$$.) Needless to say she always gets a nice gift from us at Christmas time. This year... a bottle of my home brewed Hibiscus Mead.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I placed two orders with Boswell in June with no stinky smell. I have noticed that the mail is running a bit quicker these days even though there have been several cutbacks and many smaller post offices closed. I have twice in the past few months received a USPS First Class mail package from California to the east coast in two days!
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" Unfortunately radio807 their creed doesn't say anything about a package with a stinky smell :D

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It depends a lot on the local postmaster. If you have a good one things will run smooth and the carriers will do their jobs. If you have a crummy one, anything involving the Post Office will be a Chinese Fire Drill. Ours happens to be one of the latter. I typically go over to the next town if I have to deal with USPS.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
To be honest I'm not really complaining about my letter carrier, I posted primarily because I thought it was a bit funny that something as pleasant as pipe tobacco would have been accused of "stinking up" a mail truck. My letter carrier is quite nice actually, kind of like Lawrence's, who also drops packages right to my door, and the post office staff is pretty nice as well. I guess my carrier is hyper-sensitive to certain smells...I actually know of two people like that. In any event, I will be sure to tease her the next time I see her.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Reminds me of the time my father was shrimping in Brownsville Tex, he sent us a big package of dried shrimp thru the mail, man at PO called and said Lady please come get your package, it's stinking up the whole PO. lOl. The old cajun

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
That's funny. All they had to do is drive with the windows down. The worse is smells the better the flavor. Enjoy

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I recently received a box of 8 different boswell blends. It fit in my mailbox along with the other package which was my savinelli from herbindave. Could smell it as i was walking down the driveway to the box

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
That jus dont make nosense. All that post person had to do was throe a plastic bag around that rank critter fer the duration of the ride. I think she kinda was gettin a little suspicious and a might edgy. My maillady would laugh that smell off & deliver the goods as she signed up to do. Happy ending though/ Enjoy that hard fought for baccy.

Status
Not open for further replies.