PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I’ll put this tin up next to my Rocky Patel Prohibition- just for the name’s sake!

If it makes sense, you can buy Bootlegger (not to be confused with Bootlegged), but you can’t buy “Bootlegger.”

They’ve changed the name to Drunken Cherry!

The back label on the tin says Burley and Black Cavendish, but when I opened it, the Cherry smell was very strong and when I went to the ‘Net, Pipes & Cigars showed the old tin, but said it was relabeled as “Drunken Cherry”, but the blend is the same, which they list as Burley, Virginian and Black Cavendish with Cherry and vanilla. Perhaps they’ve changed the back label as well.,,

They still list the “Bootlegged” blend, though, without any name changes, so I’m opening my Bootlegged tin to compare.

Yes, you can smell the Cherry there, too, but not nearly as strong- more like a hint. This label lists Burleys, Cavendish, lemon Virginia and a blend of subtle fruit...

They both seem to smoke the same (to me), but perhaps someone with a more educated palate could distinguish more subtle differences. :puffpipe:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I read this twice and am still lost & confused.
Going for a gin & juice...
jay-roger.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Now.. that.. You got you some Seagram's gin, and everyone's got they cup but didn't chip in... Does it make any more sense?
So, Ole Shanandoah had two separate blends, one called "Bootlegger" and one called "Bootlegged?" Really? I can understand why they changed the name of one, just imagining the number of calls they got... Just imagine the poor saps working customer service at P&C.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
“Bootlegger” and “Bootlegged” are two different blends from Ole Shenandoah.

“Bootlegger” is getting a name change to “Drunken Cherry”.

All new to me, but maybe good for Cherry lovers.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
I like Ole Shenandoah, its a good blend. I haven't tried Bootlegger OR Bootlegged. But, once in a while, I like a good cherry jolt! Once in a while... It takes me back many years ago when I used to smoke Amphora Cherry.
Dan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To be honest, if a brand has only aromatic blends, I mostly don't order them. Usually, too much flavoring and not enough tobacco flavor.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Just thinking... (dangerous thing, that!)

...they may have changed the name on the Bootlegger blend, but I can still buy “Bootlegged” tobacco without breaking any laws!
:laughat: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.