PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
Smoking my third bowl of Bob's Chocolate flake and wow it is amazing. I haven't tried a latakia blend that I enjoyed in six months, but the way the topping works with the tabac on this one is great. The latakia is just a lovely condiment for the overall flavor, as is the topping. this is probably the creamiest pipe tobacco I have ever smoked. It makes me wish I had ordered a pound of it, instead of a couple of ounces.

Mar 1, 2014
Makes you wonder if a good aromatic couldn't be blended to make a similar experience, I've been searching for good chocolate base to blend in with some mature Virginia and Latakia.

Alternatively they do sell Chocolate Extract on Amazon.

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
Was this a recent purchase?
Where'd you find Bob at?

This blend is on my Must Try List, which also unfortunately had turned into my Unobtainium List for lack of availability.

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
BCF has quickly become one of my favorite blends. I was lucky to snag a few tins from the latest drop. Though I don't detect an overt chocolate flavor, what I like most about it is the cedar-like and other aromatic wood notes that I pick up and find unique to Bob's, making it a truly singular blend. Frankly I think that GH Scotch flake has more cocoa notes present.

Reactions: solideogloria86
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
BCF has quickly become one of my favorite blends. I was lucky to snag a few tins from the latest drop. Though I don't detect an overt chocolate flavor, what I like most about it is the cedar-like and other aromatic wood notes that I pick up and find unique to Bob's, making it a truly singular blend. Frankly I think that GH Scotch flake has more cocoa notes present.
Weird how things taste different to different people. BCF tastes like a smokey tootsie roll to me.

And for me it’s just straight up Lakeland out front.
Ahhh, and there it is... I will sometimes read through a Bobs Chocolate Flake thread and think, hmmmm, I should try that, and in my mind I am thinking, there's a trick here, no one is mentioning Lakelands on a GH&co product. Now, that that cat is out of the bag, I know for a fact that you were all trying to lure me into this cesspool quagmire. Bullet narrowly averted. Thanks Fireground...

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Ahhh, and there it is... I will sometimes read through a Bobs Chocolate Flake thread and think, hmmmm, I should try that, and in my mind I am thinking, there's a trick here, no one is mentioning Lakelands on a GH&co product. Now, that that cat is out of the bag, I know for a fact that you were all trying to lure me into this cesspool quagmire. Bullet narrowly averted. Thanks Fireground...
First time or two I had it, I thought chocolate and something else. As I began to understand “Lakeland” it’s all I taste! I just traded mine away, no getting away from it once I understood it.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
You’re joking, you have tried it, right?

If not then take it from me, I love hardcore “Lakelands”, drenched in flowers etc, but Bob’s not it. It IS fairly heavily sauced but the sauce is chocolate, some almond, vanilla, and the barest hint of Latakia bringing everything together. There’s something I’d call “freshness” with this tobacco but to me it is not floral, herbal, soapy etc, I think it’s the almond. It is nothing like dark flake scented, conniston, or ennerdale.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
When I first tried it, a long long time ago, I hated it. Chocolate and perfume? No thanks! Now I don’t taste any perfume and have several pounds in the cellar. Very good stuff but you have to be ready for it or it has to be ready for you to be ready for it. I dunno, I eventually came around to really liking it, though not an absolute favorite.