PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
When I click on any of the "Featured Articles by Bob Tate" (located lower left of site) I get a blank page with all the menu still on the side.
Anyone else having trouble viewing?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Hello All!
Sorry that I have not been around for the last few months, but I have been very busy with my full time job and my personal life.
I have no idea why the links to the articles are no longer working. It may just be a glitch in the system as I know Kevin is always working to update and improve the site. I am sure he will be around soon enough to let everyone know what is happening.
Happy Puffin' :puffy:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've informed Kevin. Methinks it's all the updates and changes they've been making to the forum. Maybe even some more wonky code. Hopefully it's figured out soon..
-Jason

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Hey Bob,
Nice to put a face with the hands ;-)
Just as a an FYI your videos are great and have helped me as a beginner quite a lot. I actually popped a tin of Irish flake last week and watched your videos again to learn how to pack my pipe with it. Good stuff and many thanks for doing those.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It turns out this wasn't as simple as I thought, so I had to kick it up to the server techs.
I suspect it has to do with the new caching functionality we installed when we were having issues with the site going down from traffic overload a week or so ago. Now I have an idea why the traffic numbers were a little down the last few days. Maybe it's because 127 articles disappeared.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Bob's articles are now fixed.
It was odd. The permalink custom structure decided not to work. Just experimenting on a hunch, I changed it to default, then changed it back to custom, and presto-chango - fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.