Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I haven't been on as much lately due to starting fire academy (I feel like I constantly have my nose in a book), but try to stop by in the evenings to at least browse through some of the posts. It's been a rough month. I have been trying to get back in shape and things are going ok with that; I've lost about 10 lbs so far but have about another 20 I would like to lose. Finances have also been tight. I shelled out a grand for my academy, my son's doctor wants to get him into speech therapy, and I am going to have to replace my roof in the very near future. I am also down to 7 briars due to a broken stem on my Mauro Armellini, but I've already hinted to the wife I want it sent to Walker Briar Works for Christmas. All this has been on my mind, but I try not to worry about it to much. Nothing to do but keep on keeping on, and keep the good things in view. The worst part was that yesterday I had to shoot my 3 year old's cat. Gunner was my son's "Buddie". The cat followed him everywhere and slept in his room. The cat had the "wet" form of Feline Infectious Peritonitis and had at most a week of pain left before it died. I am glad my son isn't old enough to understand what happened, but it is still sad because he misses it. He came up to me today and asked "Where Buddy?".
Anyway I know in the grand scheme of things I don't have it bad, and I'm not looking for sympathy. Like the title says I'm just trying to vent, and I can't think of a better way than to talk with the great group on this forum.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's sad to have to put down a favorite animal. I've had to do it many times but it always tears me up. Hope things look up for you soon.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Just keep those good things in view and you'll get through everything else as stressful as it may be. The good thing is you have family to love and the things you are working hard for will pay off for you and your family. This is a great place to vent so glad you came here :puffy:

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Sorry about Gunner.It's sad when we lose a pet..I really think having a lot of pipes is over rated.I could do quite well with seven.Life has ups and downs.Hang in there and things will get better for you

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I really do hope things improve for you. Putting down a fury family member is a hard thing to do.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Sorry man, here's to hoping that these bad times will be followed by better days...

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Bad times are always followed by better days. When you can't run anymore, you crawl... and when you can't do that, you find Someone to carry you.
And fancy words are hard to read when your eyes keep blurring because of the stress and effort.
We've all been there. Head down, pecker up, don't let outside events kill what's inside.

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
I'm sorry for your troubles but it sounds like you have the right attitude...

Nothing to do but keep on keeping on, and keep the good things in view.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Feeling better?

blowing_off_steam_1055-1542.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.