PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhatt

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2021
Howdy, from the interior of British Columbia. I have been combing through old forum threads, recently (also alt.smokers.pipes & tobaccoreviews). Thanks to everyone for contributing your knowledge and suggestions, helping a relative newbie in pursuit of a quality tobacco experience.

I took up the pipe about 10 years ago, upon learning that tobacco stores well in jars. I had smoked cigarettes daily for several years, before reducing the habit to occasional consumption. I smoked Blackwoods Flake during a backcountry canoe trip in Algonquin Park, which reaffirmed my decision to pick up a pipe.

I've been sporadically puffing over the past decade, sometimes not touching the pipe for a year or more. Recently, I decided to open a nine year aged tin of Irish Flake and have been smoking daily for over a month. The Stokkebye Virginia Long Cut (No. 701) I bought years ago has aged well and tastes wonderful blended 80/20 with Perique. I've recently tried Gawith & Hoggarth Dark Flake, which has contributed to a rather severe case of Tobacco Acquisition Disorder. I have been working on my breath smoking technique, which has introduced a meditative quality to my smoking endeavour.

Cheers!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That Irish Flake will bring you back around to pipe smoking. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I'm sorry to say, I've never been to British Columbia, only the eastern part of Canada, though I've been tempted to take the boat up when in Seattle, but the time was never right. Business travel, you know.

Mar 1, 2014
Sorry to hear you're a Pipesmoker stuck in Canada.
In the Rocks and Trees song (Arrogant Worms) they should have said "Taxes" instead of "Trees".

Welcome from Alberta.

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob74
Status
Not open for further replies.