Blood sugar level vs Pipe smoking heart ❤ ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
My friends
Few weeks ago I start notice increasing of my blood sugar level and I still can't understand the reason of this process. Maybe I get weight a little bit, maybe my medicines working not so good as I want, maybe it's weather, stress, stars ⭐ or UFO ? or who knows.
Anyway.
My question is... HOW PIPE SMOKING AFFECTS YOUR BLOOD SUGAR❓
P.S. @cosmicfolklore, thanks a lot for the post regarding, in thread about sleep and pipe smoking.
GOD BLESSED YOU ?

Here's my data... end of September... starting smoking pipe

Screenshot_20211118-110055_One Drop.jpg

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Body weight and abdominal fat are 2 of the main reasons for raised blood sugar, along with physical inactivity. Intra-Abdominal fat (fat that is inside your abdominal cavity) blocks the action of insulin in lowering blood sugars. It is the main cause of Type 2 diabetes.

Increasing physical activity (aerobic exercise ie cardio workouts) and a low carbohydrate diet and losing a few kilos/lbs will help.

I don't see that pipe smoking will cause your blood sugars to rise unless you spend hours smoking in a sedentary way.

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
As I just posted in that thread…. that was just may layman’s understanding. I am in no way qualified nor fully understand nicotine effects. I would totally have this conversation with a doctor.
Sure I'm understanding that. But you inspired me to this thread.
So, if any of us have diabetes problems, they can mention there comments and observations.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
When were these values taken? First thing in the morning? Or are they daily averages from a continuous glucose monitor?
This data is average for 5 months. All day monitoring 3-4 times per day.
Actually increasing starts from the end of september, pipe smoking period. Here and in other sources I faced with discussing about blood sugar, but not anything concrete, something like :
-While smoking the pipe, sugar going left and nicotine going right
But nothing exact. That's why I preferred to ask you guys.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Daily physical exercise is very important. And of course a healthy diet. This is the recommendation that any doctor would make you. I do not know, the relationship between pipe smoking and risk of high blood sugar. I do some mornings on an empty stomach, the test. And it never goes below 100................But I have verified many times that it depends on the exercise you do daily and its intensity. My cholesterol is hereditary, and I have to be careful with bacon..........?

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
Daily physical exercise is very important. And of course a healthy diet. This is the recommendation that any doctor would make you. I do not know, the relationship between pipe smoking and risk of high blood sugar. I do some mornings on an empty stomach, the test. And it never goes below 100................But I have verified many times that it depends on the exercise you do daily and its intensity. My cholesterol is hereditary, and I have to be careful with bacon..........?
Bad news to bacon ? ?
You 100% right❗I'm trying to figure this out, usually I'm carefully follow all this, but I also undesired that when I'm smoking pipe, nicotine is entering blood stream more longer time than usually, so, as result it's may affect sugar level... maybe.

Reactions: JOHN72

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
You may, as we all might, have to change .
Actually, pipe smoking is only my bad addiction, I'm away from alcohol and also from the fat meals and hi carbohydrates products, as well as from energy drinks and sweets ?. I'm always take my medicines ? on time. Yes, I'm not a fan of sport and active life... but
I think you understand my question correct.

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
If you want to up the 'activity' in a away that is pleasant, enjoyable and healthy I'd suggest taking up Yoga. I lost a lot of weight very quickly when I started (though I practice 30mins a day), got rid of a lot of aches and pains and generally felt calmer.

Don't do anything silly like jogging though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know nothing medical on the subject. I think Native Americans used tobacco smoking to satisfy their appetitive when food wasn't available, which indicates that nicotine tinkers with the signaling in the body about blood sugar and the need for food. A nutritionist told me that more small meals were better than three or fewer larger meals, and nicotine might block the desire for those frequent meals. Chocolate chip cookies aren't meals, I remind myself.

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
If you want to up the 'activity' in a away that is pleasant, enjoyable and healthy I'd suggest taking up Yoga. I lost a lot of weight very quickly when I started (though I practice 30mins a day), got rid of a lot of aches and pains and generally felt calmer.

Don't do anything silly like jogging though.
It’s always good idea to sport, but my sugar was in normal counts before I’m starting smoking pipe. I just want understand now, is it coincidence оr not. I do all my best to control sugar level and nothings unusual, if it isn’t nicotine cause, this means that my medicines working wrong, or stop working at all .

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
It’s always good idea to sport, but my sugar was in normal counts before I’m starting smoking pipe. I just want understand now, is it coincidence оr not. I do all my best to control sugar level and nothings unusual, if it isn’t nicotine cause, this means that my medicines working wrong, or stop working at all .
Did you ask your doctor?

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama