Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Wow. Apparently I'm a Tad-aholic. I just reviewed my inventory and I'm up to 33 blends in my cellar that I've never even tried. Ugg. No wonder I can never figure out what to smoke next.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I only have a handful of blends I've never tried...that's why I just recently bought my 7th dozen, of 8 oz. jars to hold the tobacco from unfinished tins; and also why I don't worry about having something "new" to smoke for a LONG time. That's on top of 12 dozen quart and 4 dozen pint jars :P

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jmatt, that's interesting. I'm in roughly the same boat. I try to open a tin every few weeks, but I have a number of jars available, and a few other items not properly stored, so opening a tin seems wasteful with other blends on hand. Then there's always a nice tub of Chestnut that I enjoy. So it goes. I think it is good to have some backlog on hand, but it feels odd to order tobacco I might not experience for years.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
For comparison sake, I've apparently only tried 50 blends.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo jma - by'cellaring', do you mean stocking more than a trial tin? I myself am proud of my self discipline, since I don't 'cellar', = amassing a lifetime supply of the blend in question, usually in quantities of a kilo,or perhaps a pound, or more. Since I only puff three bowls a day, and often small ones at that, and due to my goal of limiting my Top200 Cellar to just that number, I figure I'm in reasonably good shape. Unfortunately I seem to have almost 300 blends in that status, so I've been feverishly demoting as many of the excess as I can. Tough job, but someone has to do it.
Due to the current plethora of wonderful new blends, soon to come to an end, I've got almost 1500 blends on hand. With respect to the OP, of these, there are maybe 400 yet to sample. I need to check my 'puter to pin this figure down. But, being the self-disciplined soul that I am, I will not 'cellar' something that I haven't vetted by actually puffing a tin or so.
hp

les

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have nothing in my cellar I haven't smoked. I also have 60 4oz mason jars of opened tobacco.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I have maybe a half dozen tins I haven't tried, all of them gifts that I mean to get around to smoking. But as there's no rush, and a couple of years of sitting doesn't hurt, there they sit. I do have a few items that I've stocked that I don't like, such as Penzance and Germain's crappy version of Balkan Sobranie. There's always the possibility that my tastes may change, or that I'll be able to trade for something that I do like.

dquisenberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2016
dallas tx
I have smoked every blend I have in my cellar. I wouldnt spend the money buying or space cellaring something I didnt know I wanted to smoke in the future.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have a lot of blends in the cellar I have not yet smoked. Not sure of the specific number but somewhere between 40 to 60 blends.
I purchased many blends when the Canadian dollar was much closer to the US dollar, which I am very glad I did, with the idea that I will get around to trying them some day.
Now, none of these unsampled blends have been purchased in any quantity. 4 2oz tins at most. The dilemma I face today, is if one of these blends ends up being amazing, I do not have the need, or room in the cellar to buy more. Fortunately, I have enough blends to try something different whenever the mood strikes me!

Status
Not open for further replies.