PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Just for curiosity's sake.
What are some tobacco blends you personally believe all pipe smokers should try at least once before they leave this world? And if you have a reason other than it's yummy why?
In my limited experience it would have to be the famous codger blends. Only cause I've seen and tried them over the years as cheap last ditch RYO tobacco and it wasn't tell I started pipe smoking did I have any respect for them as a tobacco product.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
I have many a times so far wondered if smoking a tin of every tobacco produced in a person's life time was possible or if one would run out of years before blends.
I'd be thinking more in the terms of being able to afford all that LOL no one said you had to smoke the whole tin/pouch/brick/bag/ect. Smoke one bowl and you're done with that blend LOL

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
I'd be thinking more in the terms of being able to afford all that LOL no one said you had to smoke the whole tin/pouch/brick/bag/ect. Smoke one bowl and you're done with that blend LOL
Guess that's true. Only I would soon run out of space for those 99% full tins or the jars I stored then in. Already having that issue and I'm less than a year in and long past ran out of people to give it away too.
?‍♂️??‍♂️

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
First thing that comes to mind is McClelland's 40th Anniversary blend - as good a matured red Virginia blend as I can recall.
Sufliff's 2020 Cringle Flake was at the same level, just as a Va/Per.

Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake - just fly to Munich and buy some, 'cause it isn't sold anywhere else.

Motzek Strang - the new release is a pale shadow of the Motzek made version - good but lacking the complexity of the earlier product.

HU Director's Cut - since it has been returned to its original formulation

McConnell made Rattray's blends

RO Perique Series GP-11

Esoterica Dunbar

All of these are either hard to find or expensive on the aftermarket. There are a lot of available blends that are great, but ones to try before you die is a different matter.

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
First thing that comes to mind is McClelland's 40th Anniversary blend - as good a matured red Virginia blend as I can recall.
Sufliff's 2020 Cringle Flake was at the same level, just as a Va/Per.

Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake - just fly to Munich and buy some, 'cause it isn't sold anywhere else.

Motzek Strang - the new release is a pale shadow of the Motzek made version - good but lacking the complexity of the earlier product.

HU Director's Cut - since it has been returned to its original formulation

McConnell made Rattray's blends

RO Perique Series GP-11

Esoterica Dunbar

All of these are either hard to find or expensive on the aftermarket. There are a lot of available blends that are great, but ones to try before you die is a different matter.
Oh wow. Super awesome take on the question. While I knew a few were out their I hadn't considered "Grail" class tobaccos at all when I posted the question. Thank you.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon