PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPh

Lurker
Jan 18, 2020
Boston, MA
Blender's Gold Rich Vanilla was a rather cheap pipe tobacco available in large quantity in stores like Walgreens. Is there anything comparable today?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I think it’s still available but maybe with a slightly different name brand through P&C.

If memory serves they bought the brand and now sell it exclusively, although I also seem to recall seeing it come back onto the shelves.

I occasionally smoked the black & gold which wasn’t too bad. Search P&C website because I think there’s a blurb on their website about it under their bargain blends?

This maybe:

JPh

Lurker
Jan 18, 2020
Boston, MA
Thanks, it looks like it.

Are those Virginia Gold tobacco (Vanilla, Black & Gold, Buttered Rum) moist and fragrant?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PC carries a vanilla pouch tobacco called C'est La Vie that is sufficiently tobacco forward to be enjoyable to me. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Other good pouch tobaccos there, though not vanillas, include Erin Go Bragh and John Bull.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
PC carries a vanilla pouch tobacco called C'est La Vie that is sufficiently tobacco forward to be enjoyable to me. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Other good pouch tobaccos there, though not vanillas, include Erin Go Bragh and John Bull.
Last year I purchased P&C's European Sampler, which was one pouch each of the above mentioned blends for $5 and it included free shipping on my entire order.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Thanks, it looks like it.

Are those Virginia Gold tobacco (Vanilla, Black & Gold, Buttered Rum) moist and fragrant?

The only one I’ve tried was black & gold but yes, very.

Decent blend but I dried the hell out of it prior to smoking otherwise it was hard to keep lit and tended to be a soggy mess. If dried properly I quite liked it as an occasional blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.