Blend Similar to Presbyterian Mixture With a Touch More Latakia?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016
Yeah I dunno about latakia in King Charles, I'd say there's some but if there wasn't I wouldn't die of surprise. I don't think there's any in Durbar, I do think there's some in Presbyterian, but I've had people argue in the other direction on both of those, too. I just think anyone exploring orientals should hit King Charles if possible because it's just... so.... good.
King Charles is wonderful. About halfway through one of my five remaining tins, rationing them carefully. I think it has about as much Latakia as the old made in the UK version of Presbyterian, which is to say barely a hint. I think the Planta version has a bit more, who knows what MacBarens will do to it if they continue it.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Orthodoxpiper, haparnold and mso489 have the best suggestion. Purchase some bulk C&D Latakia and experiment with it to find the balance that works for you.
And, here's a bonus, as the Latakia is from Cyprus, and you are the blender, you could rename it "Orthodox Mixture" and avoid the fear of excommunication. As a member of the Sub-Clergy (I'm a tonsured and ordained Reader), I give you my blessing.
By the way, Presbyter is a Greek term for priest.
Dino

Reactions: orthodoxpiper

orthodoxpiper

Lurker
Jan 11, 2019
Orthodoxpiper, haparnold and mso489 have the best suggestion. Purchase some bulk C&D Latakia and experiment with it to find the balance that works for you.
And, here's a bonus, as the Latakia is from Cyprus, and you are the blender, you could rename it "Orthodox Mixture" and avoid the fear of excommunication. As a member of the Sub-Clergy (I'm a tonsured and ordained Reader), I give you my blessing.
By the way, Presbyter is a Greek term for priest.
Dino

Sub-clergy represent! I'm a subdeacon!

I was actually realizing as I was smoking Presbyterian Mixture the connection to the Greek term, and realizing I had no idea what they believed. Still haven't gotten around to looking it up yet, haha.

Reactions: dino
Status
Not open for further replies.