PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
And my planned seven-day rotation of Blatter & Blatter pipes is complete. I found myself back in Montreal this week, and ao I dropped by Blatters' over lunch and picked up a nice big Billiard. It's a wee bit heavy to clench comfortably for extended periods, but good lord does the bowl hold a lot. Definitely a pipe for long smokes and low-nic blends (a bowl of XXX Kendal Twist in this thing would likely leave me paralytic), and it fits with the classic English shapes theme of the rest of the rotation.
Note the size difference relative to my Chacom Zulu:
017-450x600.jpg

018-600x450.jpg

0211-600x450.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, that's one serious billiard! Blatter does a classic shape with certainty and ... maybe verve is the word. Traditional but nothing bland about it. A+ pipes.

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
Very nice. I have a weak spot for Blatter and Blatter pipes. I own about a half dozen regular production pipes as well as eight Robert Blatter Selects. Lovely work from a great old Canadian firm. I'm sure you'll get years of enjoyment out of it.

Feb 6, 2017
I'm jealous! I talk to Patrick Blatter every month when they order from us, and I'm always teasing him about sending a pipe my way. I have to get off the stump and just order one from them. I don't think I've seen any I haven't liked.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's one big beautiful pipe!

Congrats on finishing your 7 day set. :puffy:

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I am breaking in two Blatter pipes now. Yours is a real beauty! I am enjoying getting to know mine as well.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Thanks guys. It turns out to smoke beautifully. It was a tossup between this one and a bullcap. I may have to switch to an eight-day week or something to justify one :).

Status
Not open for further replies.