PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Anyone else ever try Cornell & Diehl Black Duck. It's a mixture of unsweetened brown and black cavendish, with orientals and latakia. To me it is very similar to Black House, but I think I prefer it over Black House. Tin aroma is that of campfire smoke. The latakia is very present in the smoke, but not over powering. Although it is unsweetened I get a slight sweetness out of it. Black Duck has a rich creamy smoke which leaves a pleasant aftertaste. Burns smooth, never a bite and smokes through to the bottom of the bowl on one light leaving a very fine dry white ash. Never see it discussed here and wanted to share my opinion. Definitely remaining in my rotation.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Just finished a tin and I agree with you about it's smoking qualities. I'll probably get it again but I have so many C&D tins started I need to work down the cellar before I order again. If you want something really interesting give Mississippi Mud a shot. Black as midnight and smooth as mud- no pun intended.

Jul 15, 2011
This blend actually sounds similar in blending components to Dunhills 965 which has a very unique and interesting flavor. I may have to get a tin of each and compare the two. Thanks for letting us know what you thought, I enjoy C&D latakia blends and might have to give this one a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.