PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I know that Bjarne stopped making his own pipes fairly young in his life, but had some fantastic up and coming pipe makers do his Handmade series pipes under his name.
I love these pieces. They speak to me and I must own one or many. What says the forum about these pipes??

To be clear, I'm not asking about the Bjarnes that are produced today but rather the Bjarne Nielsen Handmade series.
Thanks.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I have one that is stamped Handmade in Denmark if that qualifies. It's a fine pipe in my humble estimation.
7GDmi0h.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I have a Bjarne that cost me if that $75.00, and it's one of the best pipes I own. It's a 5", slightly bent, lightly blasted panel of 6 sides, and the shank and stem are paneled the same. The intricate shaping and the blast are always fun to look at.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
I've had both...earlier BJ Handmade, as well as a few of the later factory pipes. Thumbs up on both from me. Some very interesting and well executed shapes, and great smokers. The factory pipes can often be had for a song, but some of the earlier BJ Handmade will go for $200 - $400 on eBay.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I've got two. The smaller one is still unsmoked. I've always been curious as to who carved it. I emailed Tonni Nielsen with pictures, and he said it wasn't his work, but he was fairly certain it was carved by Jes Vigen. I have spent a lot of time marveling over this pipe, and I just can't put a match to it............

The small pipe is a "B" grade, and the larger one is a "H" grade.

0eZ5ZXq.jpg

qEg8ZLl.jpg

xMyfVkF.jpg

ua4Xslx.jpg

qQqyiq6.jpg

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
Nice pipes gents! Thanks for the tips, I also have a Bjarne VIking series pipe that I have yet to smoke. My buddy has a couple and raves about their quality for the price point.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Exceptional factory pipes can be superb. Nording and Johs (hand finished) follow in that pattern for me. Just don't let me down.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I believe so, at least with Bjarne. The only time he used his full name, Bjarne Nielsen, on pipes was for the Handmade series that were graded AX, A, B, C and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.