PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I’m way too new here to have an opinion but would someone tune me in to the pros and cons of varying levels of enthusiasm among members?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Binge posting? You rang? In live conversation, I think it is important that people take turns and that the conversational ball is passed regularly, even if there is some eminent personality holding forth who wants to take the floor all evening. I think that's wrong. But Forums is a buffet, and if you are tired of hearing from any member, you can simply skip the post, without clicking on it, or as soon as you see who it is. I don't care so much if people post a lot. I think people should consider editing themselves if they find themselves writing long essays, which isn't really this format. But I'll be interested in seeing how others feel. On my own behalf, I will say,I frequently read an original post and say to myself, I have nothing to contribute on the subject, so though it may not be apparent, I'm not just answering everything.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I’m way too new here to have an opinion but would someone tune me in to the pros and cons of varying levels of enthusiasm among members?
It's not a choice. Members are required to dedicate most of their spare time to participate on the forum. Number of posts is indicative of a members ability to read. Those who have low post counts are the ones who spend all day trying in vain to read and understand one of Cosmic's rants.
Now get to work!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
It's not a choice. Members are required to dedicate most of their spare time to participate on the forum. Number of posts is indicative of a members ability to read. Those who have low post counts are the ones who spend all day trying in vain to read and understand one of Cosmic's rants.
Now get to work!
Now get to work!
yes sir, right away sir!

Reactions: workman and J.GANDY

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It is a universal function of forums in general. Certain members post a significant portion of overall activity. I've seen this replicated on watch, car, motorcycle, tool, etc. forums and I'm sure every forum out there.

New members are also prone to this, as they read and get current.

I learned to not take it personally but if someone is being publicly being disparaging about another members activity, that is against our rules. Please contact a mod if this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.