PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I remember back a long time ago in graduate school watching a film (in old school “clicking-clacking” 16 mm film on a projector) where Konrad Lorenz (a scientist in biology) was being interviewed about his work. He sat during the interview casually smoking his pipe, and it was a valuable film to hear about his thoughts behind his monumental work.... but it was also pleasant to watch his casual, comfortable cadence while smoking as well. I wonder if I could find that old film somewhere on YouTube now? I may look and will link it here if I am successful.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
It's a shame really that it's not a norm anymore. If I smoke in public (which I do) people just think your trying to be a hipster (unless your an old fart like some of you folks).

Reactions: mau1 and Bowie

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
It's a shame really that it's not a norm anymore. If I smoke in public (which I do) people just think your trying to be a hipster (unless your an old fart like some of you folks).
I was in the yard tossing a frisbee with my daughter the other day smoking my pipe. As these young gals drove past, they laughed at me. ??
I guess at 38 I'm not old enough to be an old fart nor young enough to be hip. But my Dad bod is on point. ???

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
I'll take pitty love ??
I'm going to go deep here for a sec... hear me out.

It seems to me that if they are already laughing...cha-ching! You still got it.

I wouldn't assume that they found you ridiculous- or pitiable. Women have odd ways of demonstrating admiration for men. On the other hand. those females might be nervous about your hypothetical potential as a partner and of course, a potential threat. A grown man, in his prime is pretty intimating to most women and they have developed numerous strategies to deal with a power disparity. Perhaps they were attempting to reduce the disparity and even negate it by laughing at a pheromone emitting male. It works to dissipate the obvious situation. A man in the presence of young and ovulating females. Think about how uncomplicated this would be to understand the situation with any other species of mammal. The fact that you are demonstrating your viability as a parent makes attraction but also makes nervous. Try to enjoy when women get nervous around you. It's a good thing. It's the power of being a human male in his prime. If you are happily married- so much the better. Limited time offer.

After that they are are no longer laughing when a man is perceived to be a harmless grandpa. Then, I suppose they feel that it's relatively safe to hang out with you. It's very nice to have females feel safe and they come in close again. That is enjoyable too.

Last edited:

Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas
I'm going to go deep here for a sec... hear me out.

It seems to me that if they are already laughing...cha-ching! You still got it.

I wouldn't assume that they found you ridiculous- or pitiable. Women have odd ways of demonstrating admiration for men. On the other hand. those females might be nervous about your hypothetical potential as a partner and of course, a potential threat. A grown man, in his prime is pretty intimating to most women and they have developed numerous strategies to deal with a power disparity. Perhaps they were attempting to reduce the disparity and even negate it by laughing at a pheromone emitting male. It works to dissipate the obvious situation. A man in the presence of young and ovulating females. Think about how uncomplicated this would be to understand the situation with any other species of mammal. The fact that you are demonstrating your viability as a parent makes attraction but also makes nervous. Try to enjoy when women get nervous around you. It's a good thing. It's the power of being a human male in his prime. If you are happily married- so much the better. Limited time offer.

After that they are are no longer laughing when a man is perceived to be a harmless grandpa. Then, I suppose they feel that it's relatively safe to hang out with you. It's very nice to have females feel safe and they come in close again. That is enjoyable too.
That is a good point! Not married, I am celibate. I have talked to my daughter about me dating again but she doesn't like the idea LOL, she's 7 and very much a daddy's girl.

Reactions: docpierce