PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
One of my top 3 smoked tobaccos. Its strong, smooth, got that special twist of having cigar leaf. Its also very consistant, I just love it!

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I received a bountiful gift of a few ounces from a forum member. It was a bit dry, but smoked well. The only flavor I can pick out is like a hardwood smoke flavor. It makes me hungry and crave barbecued beef. I think it has a great flavor and is not as smooth as I would like, but is a good solid blend. I know I'll appreciate it more when winter comes around again. Hope this helps. :)
I had no idea it had cigar leaf in it.
I did get a whiff of chocolate once. I'll have to keep a look out for that again. It may have been an anomaly.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
I can totally understand those who would not like it. And thats probably for the same reasons I do heh :)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I find it rich, smooth, easy burning, flavorful, interesting, and affordable.

Other than that I cannot recommend it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It's a great blend and if you like stuff with a bit of cigar leaf in it I would recommend Spectre. It was developed by Russ O. and it's a real nice smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Billy Budd is one of my favorites. It uses the cigar leaf in a clever way, to bring forward the other constituent tobaccos. I have some on hand.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Thanks. Does it taste anywhere near brown bogie? Brown bogie seems to have a bit of a cigar taste to me and I like that.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
I have never had brown bogie but I would imagine its not like Billy bud which has cigar leaf but does not really taste like a cigar. Its more of a smooth smoky english with a bit of a cigar essence.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I haven't tried it yet but I've recently fallen in love with C&D's blends and I plan on ordering a lot by the pound. I'm really loving Epiphany and Morley's Best as well. Old Joe Krantz is still the king of C&D in my opinion.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I did not find it the strong, smoky blend many claimed. I smoked cigars exclusively for many years and could not detect any suggestion of cigar leaf in it (though cigars use many different types). It actually seemed rather mild and tame to me. I like Match Revelation much better. Maybe my opinion will change with further tries.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Does it taste anywhere near brown bogie?
No ... there is plenty of Latakia which makes it very different.
I smoked cigars exclusively for many years and could not detect any suggestion of cigar leaf in it
Cigar leaf in a pipe blend usually lends body and creaminess to the blend without tasting much like a cigar.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
Cigar leaf in a pipe blend usually lends body and creaminess to the blend without tasting much like a cigar.
Ah, thank you. The stuff /was/ "creamy." Maybe my problem was one of expectations. I was expecting it to be more like a La Gloria Cubana with maduro wrapper. Guess I will try ol' Billy Budd again tonight . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.