brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Bike and pipe, why the heck not...
ERs2qR1.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I used to know a guy who rode a motorcycle while smoking a pipe...I could never figure out how you could do both of those at the same time...

Jun 27, 2016
Interesting bike. I wonder if he rides it like that, or if it is in "push & walk" mode, or "load on the train" mode there.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Two of my favorite things. They must remain mutually exclusive, however.
mug-337x600.jpg

Last thing I want to do is fiddle with a pipe while operating a vehicle that requires engagement with

both hands and both feet.
jay-roger.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I ate three hardboiled eggs on the way home today and am thinking not to do that again due to it limiting my hands, needed for steering, and hurting concentration, but I pipe I can manage. However, I wouldn't even try it on a bicycle or motor cycle.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's an interesting point about the bedroll angled down around the wheel of the bicycle. Either, its ready to hoist on the train, or it is somehow rigged to angle out away from the wheel. A pipe seems a perilous item to have in your mouth as you roll along, or worse motor along, from the perspective of your teeth or the roof of your mouth, let alone your brain cavity. I think a pipe is good to take a long for when you get to the destination.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
There's an older fella in my neighborhood I occasionally see riding his bike while smoking a pipe. He has a relaxed pace while he is riding. I tried smoking my pipe while riding my old beach cruiser. I had a wind cap on my pipe but I found that I was distracted from my smoking and didn't enjoy it as much as relaxing in my backyard.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I ride my bicycle and smoke a pipe from time to time. I always use one of my Peterson hinged lids though.
nmm8m0.jpg

There's nothing quite like a middle-age man riding an 80s BMX bike whilst smoking a pipe. Yeah, I'm that dork.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I can only really enjoy pipe smoking when I'm sitting still and relaxed...web brousing, watching a movie or reading a book is about it.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@jaytex I had a Valkyrie years ago (1999, bought it new). Was my favorite of all my bikes. Being a big guy (6-5 @300 lbs) it was the only bike I even felt comfortable on. Great ride, balance/handling (for a cruiser), and plenty of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.