Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Honestly if your trying to quit smoking, vaping, dipping etc… and make the move to pipe only, I was exactly in your shoes. I did the same thing thinking the most powerful pipe tobacco will solve it. Mind you I was a heavy smoker, pack and a half a day. Loose this way of thought . Pick a date. And first thing when you wake up, light up that pipe. It will be uncomfortable at first. But that’s honestly the truth. If you can smoke a pipe first thing it kind of sets the day . If I woke up and smoked a cigarette and then when to my pipe it didn’t satisfy me. It’s a commitment, but it works. You need to reset yourself.
Yep. Also, removing as much daily stress as possible helped me get off snuff/chew. I’d tried quitting multiple times before, but when life got hectic I was right back on it. There’s only so much you can do about work if you’re not your own boss, but anything stressful you do away with helps. At least it did for me.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I have a pretty high tolerance for nicotine, I suspect. I never get buzzed from pipe tobacco, save for one blend. Samuel Gawith Brown No. 4. That shit had me sweating and grinning like an idiot after about 10 minutes.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’ve never gotten much of a nic hit from any of the Gawith ropes or flakes, but I’ve only smoked Brown No 4, Black XX, a couple of the G.H. & Co Sweet ____ Twists, and 1792. However, Kendal Dark seems stronger than any of those. Maybe because it’s a shag and I can stuff more in a pipe, but it seems stronger.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
A good second bowl usually does the trick for feeling the nicotine. Five Bros didn't do it? I bet that Haunted Bookshop will.

But now the more I smoke, the less I want that nic high. Make no mistake, the nicotine in my bloodstream is what's keeping most of the demons at bay. But the high means I overdid it and had too much.

Reactions: elvishrunes