PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
While out on my weekend rounds I came across a beautiful pipe with markings I was not familiar with. I asked the shop owner about it and they simply said it was a real nice pipe but they were unaware of the maker and priced it based on what they could find similar online. It was priced at $120 and I really liked the grain and shape so I made the purchase. When I got to the car and googled the markings, to my surprise, I had stumbled upon an estate Teddy Knudsen Eagle grade. Given the price of a Teddy Knudsen pipe I have never considered one so I was truly unfamiliar with the markings. Nice surprise and beautiful pipe!
C57F64E0-C961-46DF-A6B5-03CFEA26DD99.jpeg
08278D87-63A6-437A-9120-81F13BC9BF76.jpeg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Yup, I tought is was Teddy Knudsen before even reading your post. As I recall, he made a beautiful panelled version that was featured in Pipes and Tobaccos Winter 2000. Note the pipe in the magazine is not the same as the one in the first two pictures, notice the shank detail.

I recall correctly! :)

teddy.JPG

teddy2.JPGteddy3.JPGteddy4.JPG

Here's another,

knudsen8.jpg

I'm a big collector of his older brother Sven's shapes for W.O. Larsen.

Last edited:

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
A very good deal indeed!
I like long briar shanks and a small tip on a pipe. Always seeking a Canadian ever since I start pipe smoking.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Curious choice applying bead lines to the heel instead of the crown. Very lovely overall composition.?

Status
Not open for further replies.