PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
I was in Main street cigar store today, While looking for a pipe, I spotted one on the Estate refurbished rack. It was a Big Ben 419 Tropical made in Holland. it was going for $ 100.00 . The pipe was never smoked as far as I can see, bowl still had the like sand finish for getting a cake started, no bite marks on the stem , no burn marks on the bowl rim. It's an apple style bowl, finish ids smooth ,it's brand new, looks like it just came out of the box. It's also pretty to me. it's a straight stem. I probably paid to much for it , $100 bucks , but heck I liked it. I read there good smokers, but couldn't find out anything on this particular pipe. What say you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottmi

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
I'm going for a total knee replacement this month, I'll have plenty of time to figure how to get pictures on the computer. Plus I'll have plenty of time ( 8 to 10 weeks) to smoke my pipes.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm going for a total knee replacement this month,
Had one of those done back in '92, cold weather is a pain with them. I take a thick winter sock, cut the end off, and silde it up over my knee to keep my knee warm.

Reactions: Hunter1

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'm going for a total knee replacement this month, I'll have plenty of time to figure how to get pictures on the computer. Plus I'll have plenty of time ( 8 to 10 weeks) to smoke my pipes.
Good luck with the TKR. I had my left knee replaced 12 weeks ago. Do all of the physical therapy. It hurts, but it has to be done.