PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
So I just placed an order for what I would describe as the big and bolds. I have limited experience with heavy

Lats and strong Va/But so I thought now, with the weather changing it was time to drive into unknown territory. So I ordered a tin of Nightcap, Gaslight and some Jackknife Plug. I am excited and looking forward to these new to me tobaccos. If not a tad apprehensive. These are the boldest blends that I have ordered so far. Any hints or tips for the cakes in terms of packing and smoking?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Those are fine choices. with the Gaslight and Jackknife you'll want to let it dry a bit. also, I've found that packing the Pease plugs loosely yields a more satisfying smoke. So don't jam your bowl tight and you'll be fine. I think Gaslight is terrific, so I had 3 bowls yesterday. Enjoy your new bounty.

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
I love gaslight! just make sure you cut against the grain so you get everything that's in the block, its supposed to all go together. Pack loosely as was previously said and sit back and enjoy. Jacknife is a different animal, let it dry and smoke it after a meal and go SLOW. it packs a wallop! Its pretty good but if you feel weird drink something sweet or eat some chocolate, it helps. Never had nightcap. Enjoy them, you will never look back now.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I enjoyed my tin of JKP. I rubbed out the last fudge sized piece and found some of those leaves must be cigar leaf. Yes it packs a punch, but it is also very smooth and burns really well.

alex87

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for the words of wisdom gents. I do all my smoking outdoors or in the shelter of the wood shed so the lats go well with the seasons. I'll be sure to go slow with the jkp. I plan on having it as my after supper smoke haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.