PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Wuce Brayne

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2021
The MM Ozaq
At first I was using a small MM hardwood, but it burned fast. I switched to a Rossi with a pretty good sized bowl, but not much better. I just now am trying out one of the cobs with a deeper bowl, and that seems better. I’ll try the tips suggested - trying to add a little moisture with my breath. Good idea!!
The MM Ozark is their hardwood pipe. It was my first pipe, but it smokes everything hot and fast in my experience. I reccomend you get a decent size cob. OJK in a cob is wonderful, and should be cooler for you than the MM Ozark.

Reactions: Jeremiah Johnson

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
I am smoking through an 8 oz tin from probably around 15 years in age and the cut was broader then on all the components. I am getting a lot longer smoke on it. The current version (which I have smoked probably 10 lbs of) is a lot finer of a cut on all the components. I have never found it too dry in bulk...if anything I let it dry a bit. If you do have it dry you can pack it tight. I use a Savinelli 315 for it and it is my only pipe for that blend.

I will add that aged OJK has a sweetness in the smoke that is a fantastic change up. I will be posting some pics in the "What are you smoking" thread before I inhale all of it in short fashion. If all I had to smoke was OJK I would be elated.
Totally agree about the sweetness of aged OJK....old cut. The old cut OJK was my fave along with HB. The new stuff is good....but not the same quality. I have some with a few years from when it first changed....it's improving slightly....but not much.

Last edited: