PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bearwolf56

Might Stick Around
Mar 16, 2013
Burlington, North Carolina
When I search the forums, let's say "best English pipe tobaccos" I get search results that include those with the words "pipe" "English" "tobaccos" etc. and have to trudge through all the results to finally find "best English pipe tobaccos". I've tried the "best+English+pipe+tobaccos" and it gives me the same results. Is there a better way I'm just not seeing or is it what it is?

Reactions: Mortamyhr
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just start a thread and ask. People will come out of the woodwork to tell you it’s been asked before and that you should search before asking; but they’ll always give you the links to prove their point.

Work smarter.

The most perfect form of that approach is to invoke Cunningham's Law, i.e.:

"Samuel Gawith Perfection is the best English blend, and I'm not interested in a debate."

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I use google… type what you are looking for and end it with pipes magazine. I found it’s much more accurate that way.

So to take your example; Google -“best English pipe tobaccos pipes magazine"
That's how I do it too. And the search function on our forum actually works pretty good compared to the past.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Just start a thread and ask. People will come out of the woodwork to tell you it’s been asked before and that you should search before asking; but they’ll always give you the links to prove their point.

Work smarter.
I’ve started to resist answering threads that are repetitious, I’ve already answered questions like best xxx blend. I see no need to repeat myself. Google is your friend.

Reactions: bearwolf56

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
When I search the forums, let's say "best English pipe tobaccos" I get search results that include those with the words "pipe" "English" "tobaccos" etc. and have to trudge through all the results to finally find "best English pipe tobaccos". I've tried the "best+English+pipe+tobaccos" and it gives me the same results. Is there a better way I'm just not seeing or is it what it is?
Use Google. Type "pipesmagazine" followed by a keyword or two that indicate what information you're looking to find. The search function on site leaves a lot to be desired.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I like the PM search function and use " " to search specific phrases. You can also bookmark threads or review threads you've posted in.

The only downside to PM search engine is a single word that is 3 letters or less cannot be found.

Also, @woodsroad created a search engine specifically for PM, but I forget the link.