PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Well, you have to get yourself Peterson (Dunhill) Nightcap and 965 to start. They are very good, classic blends - if you like Latkia. For another great blend with just over a whisper of Latakia, but a lot of other good flavors is the original Missippip River. Have fun with the hunt! puffy

Reactions: Grangerous

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
coming to', you're right, Elderly Joseph is a burley based blend, not English, so it doesn't go in best for category lists under English blends. It's a strong non-aromatic, so I often consider it with the C&D English blends, when I'm picking one out.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
In stock here:

I would call them first. They have a reputation.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Balkan Supreme. Don't dry it all the way. Leave just a touch of moisture and smoke it in a bulldog. That's all you will need for next few decades.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Even one's own tastes/palate/opinion can change around blends from year to year, no need to add the confusion of everyone else's in there!

If you do NOT like something however, I do recommend stowing it away with the date on it, try it the following year and see if you changed your mind. The longer you smoke a pipe, the more likely you will find something pleasant or enjoyable to pull from a blend even if it is not your favourite.

Reactions: Toast