PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Coronavirus!

I don’t expect this to last, but ask yourself?

Are you second guessing that Online Order? Coronavirus doing more for Hr 2339, than any government lackey could ever do!

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Nah...what are the odds that it will survive the time of shipping? Unless you order it overnight...it typically takes 3 days for your package to arrive, it not longer. Assuming your carrier dude is not infected, the virus does not survive more than 3 days on any surface based on studies to date. Most of the transfer from place to place is mechanical...only when it is loaded on the truck for delivery does it meet more potential infection points.

If you are worried...use gloves to pick it up and move it to the garage to sit for 3-5 days.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
One of the concerns is the interconnected nature of global supply chains.

It’s a valid concern.

Especially if the people making/shipping your products are sick. ?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
Yes. I doubt any government will have the stomach for discouraging ANY commerce after this nightmare.

CD15

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2020
Louisville, KY
I believe with the 30 day travel ban, that it applies to shipments as well.
I hope none of you had any European orders on the way........

Good point. Given my already high anxiety over the size of my order, I’m super relieved that shit hit shore before the bug ?

Reactions: BROBS

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Coronavirus!

I don’t expect this to last, but ask yourself?

Are you second guessing that Online Order? Coronavirus doing more for Hr 2339, than any government lackey could ever do!

Dear Fellow Pipe Smokers and who smoke,

I hardily feel that a “Class Action” law suit should be filed, with the UCLU, against the Government and all those who are fighting against ‘smoking’.

These people are “killing” people, more than any tobacco will or has ever killed. They force us to go outside, in the cold, even sub-zero temperatures, to smoke. They cause us to be exposed to hypothermia and frost-bite for their pleasure.

Yes, they can say that the choice is ours, but then again it is the non-smokers choice to go where smoking is permitted! Truth is truth!

Older, handicapped people like myself are forced to go outside into the elements to smoke. I like to enjoy a pipe after I have eaten a good meal. It takes a while to smoke a pipe. I feel that I have suffered frost-bite in my hands and possibly my face because of these unjust, in human laws and the people who have cruelly enacted them.

They should be held accountable! They should pay the price!

I thought we were in a free society – life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness – but I fear that is not true.

A “law suit” should be filed for associating Humans as RODENTS (defamation)! Smoking as never been proved on humans! They did a study and experiments on RODENTS and say that applies to us, HUMANS. But even there they are lying! TRUTH is always the TRUTH it never changes. If their claim was true ALL the RODENTS would had cancer. However not ALL had cancer, so their claim is FALSE! Plus, since I and other HUMANS are not RODENTS, their claims are DEFINITELY false and misleading!!!

contact the UCLU and start the ‘CLASS ACTION” law suit.

This is only ‘my opinion’, my belief that criminal elements control the governing bodies, they will allow gambling and out-law smoking. Gambling has destroyed more families and lives than smoking could ever destroy.

Example; a restaurant I frequent has recently installed gambling machines in their lobbies, yet forbid smoking in any part pf the restaurant (you have to smoke outside in the cold)! Even animals receive more compassion!

It is time to flex our mussels and show them who we are, unless are actually living in a country that is actually not free!

Best Regards,
Old Man with a pipe

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Who the hell is the UCLU? It generally refers to a student's union, but why would a bunch of students take on a class action suit like this one? And if they did, how good a job would they do, the stoners?

I realize that the above quote is borrowed from a different thread about proposed tobacco legislation, which turned out to be something different than was originally presented and which mentioned the UCLU.

So which UCLU? And why would they care?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Who the hell is the UCLU? It generally refers to a student's union, but why would a bunch of students take on a class action suit like this one? And if they did, how good a job would they do, the stoners?

I realize that the above quote is borrowed from a different thread about proposed tobacco legislation, which turned out to be something different than was originally presented and which mentioned the UCLU.

The Unhinged Cavendish Lighters Union

Jun 9, 2018
England

Maybe the op means ACLU? Honestly, you've got more chance of the YMCA taking an interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.