PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
Of course I'm talking about SPC. A while back I got email notification that one of those hard to find tobacco's that everyone seems to argue about was in stock. Due to a mix up my order was passed over and I was told by someone in customer service that whenever they got some more in they would hold one for me. Well this week I got an email that a small number of 8 oz bags had come in and if I wanted one it was mine. It arrived in the mail today. In my opinion those guys go above and beyond to serve their customers. As I have said before they are the best online retailers that I have ever dealt with.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I agree. They do a great job.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Well, in the end, if the market gets tighter, those that work to serve their customers better will probably be around a lot longer. Hard to keep your door open if you lose people like flies!

Dec 28, 2015
I actually never saw it listed as available online this time either. Must have been a really small batch. They said they didn't even get any tins just a few of the bags.

Oct 7, 2016
I have never, ever had an issue with SPC. Had a very minor issue with IRC, they straightened it out instantly and even initiated a personal phone call to explain/apologize. Never had a problem with 4 Noggins, lepipe.it, Al Pascia, Bollito or pipestud, either.
I have never had a problem with PCI, though it took me awhile to understand that in stock means they thank they can get it and will ship it at no added cost when they have it. Also don't like their policy of using whatever they call that service where UPS drops it at the post office and USPS delivers. Seems to add a day or two. The recent issues mentioned here are mind boggling. I hope they straighten them out soon.
All in all, I think Pipes Magazine has attracted some very good sponsors.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
Oldgeezersmoker: I agree. SPC orders arrive in about two days for me. P&C will take 10 days to get to me simply because it travels UPS and then gets dropped off at USPS. If SPC carried more of the Hearth & Home line, I would only order from them.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Had the joy of accidentally stumbling into their shop about 3 years ago. I was out of town working, and craving a cigar. I had actually been on a hiatus from the pipe for about a year or so and averaging about 5-6 sticks a week. My boss, definitely a curmudgeon that didn't smoke, if that's possible, acted as if I had lost my mind when I asked for a quick ride in the company vehicle. So I struck out, in sleet, for the 1 mile walk. Thankfully, I was rewarded when I walked through the door. I just stood in the door starstruck, as I had never seen anything like that. Jars of tobacco went floor to ceiling and wall to wall on my left and, in front of me, the same, but with pipes. Oh at the pipes. We didn't really have very much extra back then, and things were pretty tight with a 4 month old, our first. I think she knew how depressed I would be if I had to leave empty handed, so she counted change and loose dollars, and gave me an 80$ budget. With that, I bought my first new pipe, a Chacom sandblast that I still have, and an once of billy budd. I had been craving that blend for a long time and they had it. Let me just say this, I wish I would have just plopped my ass down in one of their leather couches or chairs and enjoyed to company of the other 7 or so people, including every single person that worked behind the counter, with pipes. In Savannah, I rarely see anyone else smoking a pipe, and to me, I wasn't good enough to sit in with these people. Looking back, I know now that I passed up an opportunity that very few people get the chance to do. I have vowed to return, and that day is coming soon. Not just for the pipes or tobacco, but for the wonderful staff. They really do enjoy this hobby and helped me more than I could have asked. Really good folks up there. Sorry for the long wind, but it was transcendent for me and pushed me to where I am now with my pipe smoking, including being a member on this forum.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have ordered 25 times from them over the last 4 years with both big and small orders. I have found their service perfect. Always ships to me quickly and of the 175 items ordered in that time never a mistake. Their packing is done very well too never a damaged item. I hardly ever need to shop anywhere else as they almost always have the blends I want in stock too.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
No one I've dealt with in the online tobacconist realm has better customer service.
Wlrountree, your story makes me think I need to make a trip to their B&M sometime soon. It's not that far (3 hours?) I'm just not sure my budget would survive a shop as you describe.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
Very satisfied with my SPC purchases. A professional group of enthusiasts. Tobacco selection and pricing is excellent. Packaging is perfect. Estates are sometimes a little overpriced but most probably reflect their selection, condition, and audience.
Thoroughly enjoy visiting their table at the pipe shows and their room showings.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Swhipple, it's 4 hours from me and I will be going solely to visit their shop. Pure pipe smoking euphoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.