PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Just finished this up yesterday. A few tiny marks near the button that I couldn't take out but they only show if you look and squint hard. My height in front of the button is down to 0.160 and I didn't want to take it any further for fear of sanding through the airway. I drill all my pipes for a wide open draw.
9DbDl3n.jpg

YFBg9cC.jpg

rFI05IA.jpg

oT4OlH1.jpg

ADhRlVr.jpg

CI0aHyX.jpg

mRI8Chv.jpg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thank you all. JP, yes it would look great with a standard length stem. I debated using a standard length but in the end went with the one shown.
Something easily made for someone who wished a standard length stem instead of the smaller bent.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I remember when Chris first started making pipes. He's been developing his craft now for just a few years, but his pipes have a reputation as precision drilled and carefully considered shapes and finishes.
I have one of his billiards and it performs flawlessly.
He's got pipes for sale and in a gallery at his website. I've told him to raise his prices in order to 'demand' respect for his time and efforts.

He's basically giving his work away, really, at current price point.
A good block is hit or miss and more often miss, which adds to the cost of making a pipe.
The time a person spends to hand make something is worth much more than the time to produce a 'similar' object in an assembly line with perhaps less pride in the product.
Here's his website: Christopher Pipes

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.