PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tomcat

Lurker
Mar 7, 2021
North Carolina
Title edited. Capitalize proper nouns. -jpm

Totally serious folks . I actually checked my shoes to see if I had stepped in something! I did not . It smokes fine and it’s actually probably my favourite balkan but it never smelled this way before . Has anyone experienced this ti odor from this or any Latakia blend . I SH?t you not ! Sorry about the pun , couldn’t help it .

Last edited by a moderator:

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I happen to have a tin open right now, so I just checked the note, out of curiosity.
To me it seems pretty typical of a Latakia mixture with a good dose of Orientals.
I never thought of it as "barnyard," but if somebody were unaccustomed to this sort of mixture, I could see how that description might come to mind.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That cost an absolute fortune to develop that odor. Do you know how many 'Privy's' we at Standard Tobacco had to analyze to get that authentic sh*t smell? rotf
it is amazing the hoops some people will jump through just to do what they want. Seriously if you want to analyze privies you don't have to be bring anything to market. Yes we'll judge you, but why let that get in the way of your dreams? I assume that's the situation considering that's just one of the ways some tobacco smells (cigars for example).

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There is also the effort needed to trap flatulence in the tin before it dissipates! This short but informative video will give you some idea of the hurdles we had to overcome.....

• Haha
Reactions: beefeater33

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I've never tried this blend and based upon the sterling "recommendations" I don't believe I ever will.
It has a 3.9 on TR. It's actually one of the best medium Englishes which exists.

It's got some great Orientals going on, although just shy of being a Balkan, IMO. The Latakia still gets first say, but only barely.

But the whole things comes off surprisingly lightly and cleanly. If you like Latakia and Orientals but don't need to be punched in the face by them, you should try this.

The only thing lacking to my personal taste is a bit of sweetness. Some of that would take this to a personal favorite level, for me, I think.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Mar 1, 2014
Title edited. Capitalize proper nouns. -jpm

Totally serious folks . I actually checked my shoes to see if I had stepped in something! I did not . It smokes fine and it’s actually probably my favourite balkan but it never smelled this way before . Has anyone experienced this ti odor from this or any Latakia blend . I SH?t you not ! Sorry about the pun , couldn’t help it .
Sounds like someone got a good batch.
Yes, it reminds me of horse manure and the stronger the smell the better.