PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Appreciate all the well wishes! Its definitely not my favorite experience but could have been a lot worse! And what better time to have a strange face paralysis issue. My damn covid mask hides my viral induced sneer/smirk!

I can still play guitar, fly fish, and smoke my pipes so I'm good!!!!

Again, thanks!!!
Glad your sense of humour has not been affected. rotf

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
So had a strange thing happen to me this morning. Woke up and went to brush my teeth. Took some water into my mouth to rinse and damn if could not spit..the water just sort of fell out of my mouth.

One visit to the local Urgent Care and Emergency room later and I find that I have something called Bell's Palsy. It is caused by a viral infection that inflames a specific nerve that controls facial muscles.

The right side of my face is numb and I am unable to blink my right eye. Fun stuff!!

I do feel lucky that I did not have a stroke but not the best start to my Sunday!

Anyone have any experience with this ailment?

Gotta get an eyepatch so I got the whole pirate look down pat!

Beard? Check! Eyepatch? Check! Knowing half smirk? Check!
That must have been one hell of a shock, but as you mention, better than a stroke. Jim Ross, the wrestling guy, is the only person I know of who has had it. I understand the symptoms can linger a bit before (hopefully) going away. Hang in there.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I had it a year and a half ago. It cleared within a week or so. Though my countenance cleared completely, I still get a little tingle once in a while, when I'm overtired, but nothing more.
My wishes for a complete and rapid recovery.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My sister in law had it for about a month a few years back. We tried to take it seriously but she couldn’t stop winking. Lucky it’s not your left side as that would make clenching a pipe difficult.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

tenor.gif

Pondfisher

Might Stick Around
Dec 23, 2019
East Lansing, MI
Had some Squadron Leader in my Falcon pipe last night. Strangely enough..im having no problems clenching on the affected right side.

I was texting some co-workers today and was trying to describe what i sound like when i talk..this is the closest thing I could find!! Specifically the priest and Andre the Giant! Man i love this movie!! Sooo many quotable moments!

Doc agrees with all the advice/information you guys have been giving; just got to wait it out and see! I'm cautiously hopeful!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.