PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I heard it mentioned, for tight fitting tenons, bees wax is a good fix.

The other day I ordered some local bees wax from the Big Island of Hawaii, they also have their own bees they make their wax and honey from!

Rare Hawaiian Honey Company is where I purchased my bees wax from.

So I say, if you need some bees wax for those tenons, support the local American bees! ? ?

Here’s all my pipes I used it on. ?

C9D49351-DF09-4854-AC42-D87ECBE91F50.jpeg

Aloha ?

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I heard it mentioned, for tight fitting tenons, bees wax is a good fix.

The other day I ordered some local bees wax from the Big Island of Hawaii, they also have their own bees they make their wax and honey from!

Rare Hawaiian Honey Company is where I purchased my bees wax from.

So I say, if you need some bees wax for those tenons, support the local American bees! ? ?

Here’s all my pipes I used it on. ?

View attachment 74211

Aloha ?
Very nice looking collection.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I get mine from local keepers. Mostly to make mustache wax.
Really... I've looked at some products online. They have other things added to them like certain oils and whatnot. I've thought of using some sort of beard wax or oil in the winter time as it's so dry, gets a little itchy. Figured I would buy the ingredients and make it myself - the commercial stuff is kinda pricey. But alas, I never got around to following it up.

Reactions: PipeIT

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Really... I've looked at some products online. They have other things added to them like certain oils and whatnot. I've thought of using some sort of beard wax or oil in the winter time as it's so dry, gets a little itchy. Figured I would buy the ingredients and make it myself - the commercial stuff is kinda pricey. But alas, I never got around to following it up.
I just melt it 50/50 with coconut oil and it is a great mustache fixative.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
There’s a local apiary at the farmer’s market here that makes bees wax beard and mustache balm- kind of pricey, but it works as well as the few decent beard balms I’ve found online. I’m not a fan of beard oils, but the good balms have bees wax and a handful of natural oils mixed in.

My Better-Half typically has bees wax on hand, so I’ll have to try it out on one of my pipes. Nice collection there!

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
That's a great idea, I'm going to try!
I mix 55% beeswax, 35% cooking oil (Canola, Safflower, whatever has been sitting around for a while) and 10% Lanolin. Melt, mix and pour it in shallow pan with the bullets sitting in there base down. When it solidifies you can just push the bullet through. Fills the grooves perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.