Been Smoking my pipes since 2014, but still feel like a beginner.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Richard987

Lurker
Dec 27, 2020
Saint Petersburg, Fl
There is still for me lot to learn about blends both aromatic and non aromatic. I will always keep learning. When I first began pipe smoking in 2014 I didn't really know what I was doing. I puffed too fast and did not know how to taste with my nose, (retrohale). I bought my first tobacco then, aromatics. The strangest tobacco I ever used was called "French Quarter" by Sutliff. I have never smelled anything like it anywhere. Today after 8 years (for I still had some left from 2014 ) I smoked a bowl. It didn't have much flavor and I was trying to remember how it was back in 14. Did it loose flavor since then, but today I didn't dislike it like I did originally. Its ok. They don't produce it anymore. Has anyone tried it or is familiar with this strange smelling tobacco? Let me know. 💨

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've been smoking a pipe on and off for just over 20 years, and still feel like I have much to learn. It's a hobby you can keep growing into. :)

As for the tobacco, even if it hasn't dried out by now, it's still possible some of the topping has flashed off.

Briar’s Echo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 15, 2022
Lancaster County PA
I've been smoking a pipe on and off for just over 20 years, and still feel like I have much to learn. It's a hobby you can keep growing into. :)

As for the tobacco, even if it hasn't dried out by now, it's still possible some of the topping has flashed off.
I feel the same way. So much to learn and though after 20 years off and on I too am a novice.

Reactions: ThermionicScott