PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
SO many of us were nameless before stepping forward. Shadows amongst the smoke awaiting perhaps to gain our legs and feel as though we have something to contribute. Needless to say, you're welcome here and your voice will be heard.

j/B

Reactions: Plutz

Plutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2020
Shropshire, UK
[QUOTE="pipebaum81, post: 36191327, member: 12223"
SO many of us were nameless before stepping forward. Shadows amongst the smoke awaiting perhaps to gain our legs and feel as though we have something to contribute. Needless to say, you're welcome here and your voice will be heard.

j/B
[/QUOTE]

Ordinarily I'd be content remaining a nameless shadow sitting on my feet amoungst my smoke..
But here the topic seems most often the smoke, so I'll be sure to stand up and murmur louder than usual

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
IMG_20190720_094038~2.jpg

Greetings from Colorado. Been in the upper 90's the last two days and supposed to get 3-6" of snow Tuesday here in Denver !

Plutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2020
Shropshire, UK
Welcome to the Forums and Welcome from The Great State of TEXAS! I'm in a similar boat like yourself, trying to kick a 42 year Copenhagen snuff habit

Thanks for the welcome bud, and I'd actually been considering trying out snuff having never sampled.
Would you recommend it?

02Knight

Can't Leave
Aug 24, 2020
Rockett, Texas. South of DFW Metroplex
Thanks for the welcome bud, and I'd actually been considering trying out snuff having never sampled.
Would you recommend it?
Well if your trying to quit cigarettes it worked for me. I cut down to about 4 to 5 a day and then everytime I wanted a cig I would put a pinch between my cheek and gum. I quit 42 years ago. Been dipping the same amount for 42 years, around a can to can and a half a week. I started out with the Wintergreen Skoal, but after years of that went to the good stuff Copenhagen, its as strong as it gets. Also if your going to try it get the Long Cut brand, easier to control in your mouth. Now arises the other problem, snuff is harder to kick than cigarettes! I always had a small pinch in my mouth, enough so you could just barely tell I had anything in my mouth at all. But it was constantly in there all day long, of course I would put a fresh one in when the other lost its kick. Word of warning, it wreaks havoc on your teeth, causing the gum line to recede. So would I recommend it? No I would not.

Plutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2020
Shropshire, UK
Well if your trying to quit cigarettes it worked for me. I cut down to about 4 to 5 a day and then everytime I wanted a cig I would put a pinch between my cheek and gum. I quit 42 years ago. Been dipping the same amount for 42 years, around a can to can and a half a week. I started out with the Wintergreen Skoal, but after years of that went to the good stuff Copenhagen, its as strong as it gets. Also if your going to try it get the Long Cut brand, easier to control in your mouth. Now arises the other problem, snuff is harder to kick than cigarettes! I always had a small pinch in my mouth, enough so you could just barely tell I had anything in my mouth at all. But it was constantly in there all day long, of course I would put a fresh one in when the other lost its kick. Word of warning, it wreaks havoc on your teeth, causing the gum line to recede. So would I recommend it? No I would not.

Thanks for the warning Knight. Though I'm still tempted to give it a try, I've had a hard enough time giving up cigarettes, I've been "quitting" for years. I'd hate to swap the habit for something I'd be even more stuck to.

In honesty, its only really at work where there isn't time for a pipe that I usually cave in.
Maybe a small bowled nosewarmer and some more perseverance might do me better.

Reactions: 02Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.