PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

Damn hard to get right, too.

Beef Wellington strikes terror into the hearts of most professionals (if they don't make it routinely).

Good job!
Lol. You are so right. Every year I stress about it. A few minutes either way and it’s not proper. For me that’s medium rare. This year’s was perfect!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Damn! I've been too intimidated to try that one at home, but I'd say you nailed it!! Gorgeous and it looks like it would just melt in the mouth!
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
If feeling intimidated by nailing the temperature, try making a chicken wellington (and an au jus made from reducing chicken stock until it semi thickens).

A professional grade thermometer helps too.

Reactions: Briar Tuck
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Yes. Or boneless thighs for a richer flavor and more forgiving cut (since thighs are generally moister). I like mine with thyme and sage.

Thanks Man!! I'll give this a go.. sounds DELISH!!!
I grow my own Thyme, Sage, and a bunch of others.......... 👍

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'll pass on the green bean casserole, everything else on the plate looks awesome.
Merry Christmas.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Once again, I’m jealous! If I tried to serve beef medium rare, everyone in my family, extended included, would turn up their noses. Nothing makes for a miserable holiday like my father-in-law not being happy with his food! Lol. Looks great!