PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I arrived in Rome on Saturday and I am working there all this week. Shane Ireland at SP suggested I drop in to see Massimo Musico at the Becker & Musico store and on Saturday that's just what I did.
What a fun shop, just a couple of blocks from the Trevi Fountain. Massimo was a delight to meet and I ended up buying a couple of pipes. When in Rome . . . stop in and meet Massimo.
8wkKALL.jpg

WtCUVcc.jpg

DwljnVR.jpg

ynskWES.jpg

hynn7Pr.jpg

sZh1U7E.jpg

YFeXtdL.jpg

I picked up these pipes - a Canadian and brandy.
1Th2E1U.jpg

kHrgjw3.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
Looks like a fun time! Great photos, Peck. And a lovely couple of pipes too. :clap: I have to ask... is that your butt print on the sofa? :rofl:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Excellent trip Peck! Beautiful shop! Great pictures and I love those two pipes, especially that Canadian. Never thought I'd like a straight pipe too much, but I love the way they're carved and leave such a beautiful long shank out of the briar. Great trip!
I have to ask... is that your butt print on the sofa? :rofl:
Got an interests in Peck's butt there Anthony? I mean, I don't judge... :rofl:

Dec 24, 2012
but I love the way they're carved and leave such a beautiful long shank out of the briar
I love that too. I have always had an affinity for long shanked pipes. Indeed, that is why I started Project Longshanks, a comission of the 4 classic long shank pipe shapes, all in a set: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/michael-parks-project-longshanks

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Are you interested in my butt or my bag?
He's been sailing far too long on the Black Frigate, I'm afraid. I believe some shore leave is in his future...or should be, that is. :rofl:
Indeed, that is why I started Project Longshanks, a comission of the 4 classic long shank pipe shapes, all in a set: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/michael-parks-project-longshanks
I think I've seen that display of the pipes before, but I haven't seen that link before. Those are absolutely stunning! Especially that one with the white stem. That's a very excellent set of them and a beautiful display box you have. He did an amazing job there.

Jan 8, 2013
No, but that is my bag sitting on the sofa. Are you interested in my butt or my bag?
8O Well, that is a nice bag. Is it buffalo butt?
He's been sailing far too long on the Black Frigate, I'm afraid. I believe some shore leave is in his future...or should be, that is.
I might need that. I've seen things, man... terrible things... 8O

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Awesome pics. I will be there in three weeks and your post adds excitement to the upcoming trip. Congrats on your pipe purchases Peck. Are you going to visit Novelli also?

Dec 24, 2012
Neal, I have tried Novelli twice now and it was closed both times. Not sure what the hours are there but I can't seem to nail them. I my give it one more try before I leave.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Great post! I wish I was there. I've owned a few Foundation pipes and enjoyed them quite a bit. I hope you enjoy yours. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.