PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Well, usually for my birthday I go with steak, but after years of being on keto steak has lost its sexiness so I decided to go with some homemade crunchy awesome tacos. The trick is to lay the shells on their side and put the cheese in them and then put them i. The oven to warm / melt the cheese now you have a wall of cheesy protection when the shell breaks. 5FCB7653-0AC9-43EF-8B72-50290C3D62E1.jpeg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Happy Birthday!

Which decade stick are you up to? Are you spacing the smokes evenly and ending at midnight?
Going by strength, getting progressively stronger as I go, Davidoff was first, then the MdO No 2 .. next up will be the Dip 2 then the 70s Monte that are really strong, then winding it up with the 67 PL which is a crapshoot since i've never smoked one (gift from a friend he gave me 2 of them because birth yr cigar), but I have a feeling it's going to be as stout as the Monte, i've smoked a lot of older sticks an they have that "old cuban strength", Cuban cigars over the last 20 years have gotten milder and milder.

Thank you all for the bday wishes!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
The trick is to lay the shells on their side and put the cheese in them and then put them i. The oven to warm / melt the cheese now you have a wall of cheesy protection when the shell breaks. View attachment 189971
I do the same when making semi hard shelled tacos (using either flour or corn tortillas). The cheese in the bottom (which melts with the heat of the shell and meat) creates a decent barrier. Having another shell on the plate below (or some extra lettuce) while you eat also helps.

Skyline Chili has a similar concept with conveys by putting a mound of shredded cheddar cheese on top to help prevent the sauce from falling out.

Happy birthday.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Going by strength, getting progressively stronger as I go, Davidoff was first, then the MdO No 2 .. next up will be the Dip 2 then the 70s Monte that are really strong, then winding it up with the 67 PL which is a crapshoot since i've never smoked one (gift from a friend he gave me 2 of them because birth yr cigar), but I have a feeling it's going to be as stout as the Monte, i've smoked a lot of older sticks an they have that "old cuban strength", Cuban cigars over the last 20 years have gotten milder and milder.

Thank you all for the bday wishes!
Many Happy Returns 🍾🎂🎉

Have a good one (or 5 - cigars, that is) 😄
Enjoy YOUR day. Always special