PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I've meant to post these forever (at least a month I think) but I unfortunately fell into that quagmire of worketcetera.
Jason posted pics of the VFQ that brought a tear to my eye; man I miss that pipe. My only consolation is that he took one of my semi-regular smokers--a BBB Classic De Luxe bent bulldog, late '40s--and transfigured it into a 3-5 times a week favorite. The feel and experience of the pipe improved that much, seriously. With the nomenclature removed I even transgressed one of my own rules and removed the stinger, rationalizing the whole time that this particular stinger was poorly designed and fit...and that I'd never part with this pipe anyway.
And now the pictures:
BEFORE::

BBB.JPG

AFTER::

BBB%252520Profile.JPG

BBB%252520Straight.JPG

BBB%252520Left.JPG

Ah, the gem of pipes, the bulldog:

BBB%252520Gem.jpg

Thank you again, Jason--hella work on that one.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
thanks guys. just got a sack of pipes from a client and a box full from lonestar. so soon i will have enough of these things done i'll probably start selling some off. sitting on 20 finished right now! and i have a pile staring at me on my table.
romeowood i am glad you like the feel. whenever i am carving up a pipe i am constantly feeling it. it's that feel sensation of the right rust on a pipe i love so much. and very pleased to hear he is a more smoked pipe now!

the old medico you gave me gets smoked at least four times a week.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
oh and romeowood you get 25 bonus cool points for removing the stinger. i wanted to soooo badly!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
He really outdid himself on this one. And although it pained my OCD to remove the stinger, I think the pipe's happy, and that's what matters most.

Can't wait to see more work Jason.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
got a bag of pipes from a client this week, and a box of stuff from lonestar. right now there are six bald pipes ready to be rusted and two almost ready to get cut up. i have also been trying to take more progress pictures. So I should definitely be posting some new ones up this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.