PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I realised I havent posted this one.A recent purchase it came with an incorrect stem .Fortunately the tenon threads were good so
it too was sent to my repair man and a new acrylic stem made.
I wonder about the draft hole shape,I am not sure if it is wear or there is a coin/button in there.I wont find out for about a month as this pipe along with the other repaired ones will come to me with a friend who is visiting at the end of August.
I suspect a coin as the heel looks very flat in the chamber not rounded.I will be using a coin anyway so if it is damage then no problem.
s-l1600 (4).jpg
4.JPG7.JPGs-l1600 (6).jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Silver Three Penny piece, Philt Pad, take your pick. It tried using Euro cent coins once but that was something of a disaster due to the low quality of the metal. Nice pipes by the way, BBB are a favorite of mine and I own quite a few of them in meerschaum in the 'cutty' style.

Reactions: OzPiper and weezell

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Silver Three Penny piece, Philt Pad, take your pick. It tried using Euro cent coins once but that was something of a disaster due to the low quality of the metal. Nice pipes by the way, BBB are a favorite of mine and I own quite a few of them in meerschaum in the 'cutty' style.
do you think there is something still in the heel or has the draft hole been badly treated?

Reactions: weezell

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Looks like an old button drilled out to me.......got to be something wedged in there, whatever it is. Lovely pipe Paul! ?
PS
I've got an old tin of three penny bits, if you want some.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Looks like an old button drilled out to me.......got to be something wedged in there, whatever it is. Lovely pipe Paul! ?
PS
I've got an old tin of three penny bits, if you want some.
thanks for the offer Simong.I still have 2 silver sixpences so I am ok for now.
Once I get the pipe I will carefully investigate the object and remove it.

Reactions: weezell

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Sorry to hijack this thread. I have posted this elsewhere in the Show Your Meerschaum Pipes thread

A recent purchase - 1913 oyster-cased army mount BBB Billiard with an amber-look acrylic stem, orific bit.

While I appreciate the work and artistry in carved meers, it's the simplicity and classic lines of meers like this and the above that draw my eyes.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited: