PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
As I sit here relaxing after yet another satisfying bowl of Bayou Morning, I thought I would offer a few observations for why I enjoy this blend.

I have heard some say that C & D blends lack refinement. That may very well be so. I myself lack refinement and perhaps I enjoy the same characteristics in my tobacco. But this blend checks a lot of boxes for me. I have always enjoyed the taste and aroma of tobacco and the associated nicotine that comes with it. Bayou Morning delivers both in spades. I love starting my day with a warm bowl of Bayou Morning and a hot cup of black coffee. If there's a better combination, I'm simply not aware of it. It also falls under the "no fuss, no muss" category for me. This is an easy tobacco to smoke. It doesn't require a lot of attention or relights. I can simply stuff it in my bowl, light up and enjoy a good smoke. All that is required is an occasional tamp. I can taste the sweetness of the Virginias intermingling with the peppery, fig like taste of the Perique. I would say that you need to really like Perique to get the most out of this blend. It could perhaps be a touch overwhelming for a beginner but it is just right for me. I'm probably on the faster end of the puffing scale and a medium size bowl gives me a good 25-30 minute smoke. In that time, I get a nice enjoyable smoke with just the right amount of nicotine to start my day.

Anyway, I've always enjoyed this blend and I list it as one of my "essential" tobaccos that I always have around. It's usually available and can be had for a fair price. It tastes great and satisfies. What's not to like?