PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
So I've recently began reading Batman again and since they did this whole DC Comics Rebirth thing, I went all the way back to Batman number 1 (which isn't that far back since they revamped it in 2016) to start anew. I've read the first 18 comics now and I'm pleased to see that Jim Gordon is often seen lighting a pipe, smoking a pipe, even reaming a pipe. I got a good chuckle out of this scene... which made me think of Duane (Chasing Embers), something about banana tobacco in an earlier thread.
duke-thomas-rescues-jim-gordon-from-banes-thugs-1.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Glad to see that. Several comic book companies have banned depictions of smoking from their books. Never liked that.

Jan 8, 2013
love that. May have to start reading them myself after seeing this post.
They're doing a great job on Batman now. I haven't yet revisited any other titles, but I will be soon.I may start checking out Justice League soon. And I'm about to get caught up on Batman to a point where there's a BatmanFlash crossover.
Jiminks, that's so true. But a character or two that smokes seems to add a bit of realism that I think helps to flesh out those characters. And when they do, it's usually cigarettes or cigars, so I'm quite pleased they have Gordon a pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Jim Gordon was known to be a pipe smoker. There was even a part in one of the Batman video games where you had to track the sent of Jim's specific blend. Wild Country I believe was the Blend's name.

dreamsofsmoke

Lurker
Jun 17, 2017
Nolan's Dark Knight is the greatest movie trilogy of all time and Dark Knight is the best movie. They are as close to cinematic perfection as I've ever seen. I'm quite curious to see how it stands up against time.

I feel the need to utilize the obvious and obligatory "IMO", but don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.