PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridapipeman

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2018
I used to dedicate pipes to specific blends, but ultimately just sort of fell out of the habit. Possibly I'm no longer experiencing the deepest sub-tuhl-ties & teeny-tiny nuances of the leaf. However I find myself quite happy with almost every bowl, & I don't have to make two sets of arrangements every time I choose to light up. I grab whatever pipe I feel like from the racks, whichever of my tins/pouches appeals at the moment, & enjoy myself, emphasis on the "enjoy."
It works for me, & like so much about the hobby, it's all personal preference. Take it for whatever it may/may not be worth for *you*.
Exactly!

Jul 15, 2011
I think that dedicating the cob to aromatics is a smart way to go, but as for the rest of the list that you have provided, at least in my experience, I don't get too hung up on dedicating pipes. I actually find that I like to dedicate certain pipes to certain cuts of tobacco rather than type, for example, I have a small Peterson which smokes flakes spectacularly well but doesn't do too well with loose cut mixtures. Likewise, I have a Savinelli Billiard that is the exact opposite. It smokes loose cut blends like a dream but struggles with flakes. Like most here have said, it's all about personal preference, as are most things in life, and the only way that you are going to gain any real knowledge on what you like and don't like is to break your face on things and figure it out the hard way. Don't be afraid to just load something into a pipe and try it out, it's all about trial and error.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I have two Blatter & Blatter pipes dedicated to 3P's, nothing to alter that taste bowl to bowl.
win_20160318_201727-600x337.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.