PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Forums member took my recommendation on buying a Danish Bari pipe. I was given one new years ago by my late wife's aunt, and it has been a jewel. The brand has since been discontinued. Our fellow member located his estate Bari's on ebay for low prices, he reports, and he now has four of them, all excellent smokers. I can't say how satisfying it is to have a recommendation taken and have the results be successful. Ah!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Excellent, & of course no surprise. I've got 3 Baris & they all smoke fabulously! Definitely know what you mean on somebody taking your advice, Tom. :)
B

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I must confess that I am the fellow who took mso489's recommendation and picked up some Bari pipes from eBay. I am grateful for the tips and am enjoying some excellent smokers at a very reasonable price. I have to say that this gentleman's advice is very reliable. I have enjoyed the information I have gained from a number of members of this forum both on pipes and tobaccos. As a long time pipe smoker and a fairly new member of the forum, I have found this forum to be a great source of information and a very enjoyable place to chat and share experiences. Thanks to Tom and all the others who make my day.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I have a close friend, Mike, who's a longtime lurker on this forum. He has a large number of Jess Chonowitsch pipes, an Adam Davidson, and a beloved old Bari bulldog that he lovingly refers to as his "putty bulldog." He is unique among my pipe collector friends in that he has less than two dozen pipes and probably fewer than a dozen that he has smoked, having sold many of his pipes in the past. He went through an Ashton Sovereign phase and more recently a Peterson 12-1/2s phase. He has none of those Ashtons nor Petersons any longer. By far the majority of his pipes are Jess pipes. Yet he almost always has his Bari putty bulldog with him and smokes it frequently when we're together. It's one of his first pipes and he won't part with it, but not for sentimental reasons. He says it smokes too well to get rid of it.
Marty Pulvers thinks they're a tremendous value, if not the THE best value, on the estate market -- particularly among Danish pipes.
P.S. There's hardly any putty.

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
I have only one Bari pipe, an estate one at that, but it is my favorite one. Can also very much vouch for the brand. Smokes perfect, has great anatomy and weight, feels very sturdy and comfortable in my paws.

Status
Not open for further replies.