Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
I like pipes made out of unique woods, or with other interesting features. When I came across these I was immediately intrigued. Price is good...olive wood is something I don't have a pipe made out of. I reached out to a couple buddies, and talked them into this idea, got my offer accepted for a discount on a buy of 3 pipes. Our new pipes arrived today!! Fit, and finish are actually quite nice. The only complaint is in consistency with drilling the draft holes in the shank. A bit high on 1, and I did run a drill bit through the stem on the 1 I am keeping. Not enlarge the hole, more as a clean up pass. I have not had a smoke just yet, but am planning 1 for after supper. Any of you do a bulk buy with friends? If so, what did ya get? Don't be shy with the pics...DSC_0628.JPG

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I have one made of meerschaum, one of morta, a handful made of briar, and about as many cobs. I do not yet, however, have any made of olive or “strawberry,” and would very much like to remedy that in the near future. Those are some nice looking olive wood pipes.

Reactions: Ethan and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Those do look pretty good the middle one especially. How does the olive wood smoke?

Reactions: Ethan

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Those do look pretty good the middle one especially. How does the olive wood smoke?
So far I am just getting it broken in. The outside of the bowl has gotten a warm a few times where I have had to put it out and come back to it. The wood itself seems to impart little to no flavor to the smoke however. Once it develops a little cake inside I expect it to be a fine smoking pipe.
I have a couple of olive wood pipes which I bought because I was intrigued by comments from Forums members. Unlike some, I didn't find any "olive" nuances from my pipes ?? Well-seasoned wood. I love the olive wood grain.View attachment 83143View attachment 83144
I am also a huge fan of the olive wood grain patterns...Those are some nice looking examples you got there.